So I am rebooting this.
I have 2 mockups for how this is going to look:

Level 1 boss (no background):

Level 2:

More info coming soon!

EDIT:
For those who are unfamiliar with my earlier attempt on porting this game, check out this thread.
I am also porting the snake game that's on the nokia 1100 (Snake II). I made plenty progress on that.
Also, I have some troubles with coding enemy movement. I need to know how to do predefined paths.
Those mockups look stupendous! I can't wait to see further progress. For the snake paths, why not use a circular buffer of coordinates or offsets?
You got me wrong. Snake is nearly finished. The enemy paths were for Space Impact. But I figured them out with Builderboy's help.
aeTIos wrote:
You got me wrong. Snake is nearly finished. The enemy paths were for Space Impact. But I figured them out with Builderboy's help.
Aye, I was complimenting your mockups for Space Impact. Smile And glad to hear you got your paths figured out; did you use waypoints, or what?
Yeah I use waypoints now. Works perfect.
aeTIos wrote:
Yeah I use waypoints now. Works perfect.
Superb, great job! I hope you'll be sharing the finished version of the game with us when you get there. Sounds like you completed it quite quickly, actually.
I believe 2 things are interfering now: snake and space impact.
For space impact, enemies are moving using waypoints now. For snake, I am nearly finished, just some extra sprites and maps. Did I already post the screenshot showing the title screen of snake II?
EDIT: appears to be not, here it is:

(Made by Hayleia)
That just looks cool! Keep it going!
Maybe you could add unlockables, as that makes that you want to play more and more.
Hm. I am going to create a topic for Snake, since things mess up this way.
Wow, that title screen looks exactly like I remember it! (Except for the animation, of course. It would take a long time to add that. Razz)
jos, indeed. I would love to have it animated but yeah that would eat space.
EDIT: Please post Snake II comments in the Snake II topic.
aeTIos wrote:
jos, indeed. I would love to have it animated but yeah that would eat space.
EDIT: Please post Snake II comments in the Snake II topic.
Snake II comments are indeed going in the proper topic now. What can you tell us about Space Impact in the meantime, progress on it, any details you've come up with regarding gameplay and mechanics, what sort of modes it will have, etc?
I am working on the engine now. For example coding enemy path routines and stuff.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours