KermMartian wrote:
That sounds about right to me. Smile It's a bit off-topic, but did you experience moot as the arrogant, self-impressed sort of person I've previously heard him characterized as? Anyway, there are certainly things on 4chan that a million times worse than ponies. Razz

Not at all - he was quiet, well-spoken, and gave a pretty interesting talk. He attributed most of 4chan's success to a lack of major mistakes, rather than any particular thing he did. Also, he reminded us several times that he wasn't a great programmer. Admittedly he dodged a few questions, but generally he seemed pretty sincere.
merthsoft wrote:
(I've watched all of iCarly and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends)

I'll watch any episode of iCarly with Tuvok in it.
From experience, I sense this topic would have gone a way different route if a certain knight coder was still around. As for the show, I don't really care because I don't really watch any kind of show anyway.
Well, I admit the ponies from MLP:FiM are a cute and the memes spawned from the show are kinda interesting, plus I myself started watching the show, so I could consider myself as a brony. Also I guess there's no problem with bronies, watching the show even if you're "too old" and making threads about it, unless someone gets unrespectful to their opinions, such as said knight coder...
I am, quite honestly, joyed by the lack of trolling comments on this thread. I was quite surprised to see that a few others on the forum also enjoy the show, as well. I'm not going to try to incorporate related memes or such into my posts or any such thing, but it's good to see that my acquaintances here at Cemetech have such good manners compared to most of the internet. Smile
Bronies..... No comment.
I for one am uncomfortable with saying my opinion because.... If I say "I LURV THEM!" I get hate from the others that think its not a manly show or whatever. However if I say "dude bronies are g@y." Then I get hate from both the bronies and the people that aren't bronies. So most PC answer is "No comment".
#sorryfortherant
0rac343 wrote:
Bronies..... No comment.
I for one am uncomfortable with saying my opinion because.... If I say "I LURV THEM!" I get hate from the others that think its not a manly show or whatever. However if I say "dude bronies are g@y." Then I get hate from both the bronies and the people that aren't bronies. So most PC answer is "No comment".
#sorryfortherant

You could just say you're indifferent instead of either extreme, and people will in turn be indifferent to your decision. And, no one here is going to (likely) do any sort of hating on you for your opinion, since an opinion on its own doesn't mean much.
Ashbad wrote:
You could just say you're indifferent instead of either extreme, and people will in turn be indifferent to your decision. And, no one here is going to (likely) do any sort of hating on you for your opinion, since an opinion on its own doesn't mean much.

In certain cases, you can have a strong opinion about a strong opinion. For example, I have a strong opinion about my neo-nazi neighbor's strong opinion on whether certain people are actually people.
DShiznit wrote:
Ashbad wrote:

In certain cases, you can have a strong opinion about a strong opinion. For example, I have a strong opinion about my neo-nazi neighbor's strong opinion on whether certain people are actually people.

Of course. What I'm trying to say is that you don't always *have* to have a black or white decision.
I'm not going to rant against anybody if they say that they don't like the show, as long as they don't say so in a completely disrespectful manner. I feel that few bronies would, though I could be incorrect regarding that matter.
technomonkey76 wrote:
I'm not going to rant against anybody if they say that they don't like the show, as long as they don't say so in a completely disrespectful manner. I feel that few bronies would, though I could be incorrect regarding that matter.

If there's one thing I've learned not to underestimate, it's the human capacity to rage on the internet at the most superfluous issues(and I'm not exempt from this).
Who cares? Watch what you enjoy. Stop worrying about others and get on with your life.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours