I am making a new game called, "Infinity Boy" and it will be my first game with sprites. It will be similar to Super Mario, so I need to know how to make a sprite "jump". Help would be appreciated.
I am assuming this is in either asm or axe right? If so I can help.
Nope. Its basic.
how are you doing sprites in basic, text sprites, pixel sprites, plot sprites, or hard coded sprites?
Maybe it's hybrid basic. In any case, making a sprite "jump" is as simple as redrawing the sprite up a certain number of pixels, then doing so again and again until you reach your max height, then dropping until you detect floor. This is best done with a loop of some kind, and realistic jumping (read: Slow in BASIC, and harder to make) has realistic gravity, which makes it so you fall faster the longer you are falling.
zeldaking wrote:
I am assuming this is in either asm or axe right? If so I can help.
Considering that it's in the TI-BASIC subforum... Razz

You may wish to track just position and direction, for constant-velocity rising and falling, or also track velocity to make variable-velocity, constant-acceleration jumping. The latter, as willrandship points out, is more accurate but slower.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours