Kllrnohj wrote:
According to the Liquidpedia post it is CatsPajamas, Doa, HDStarCraft, PainUser, TotalBiscuit, dApollo, and maybe more. Not sure who might be in the "maybe more", but given GOM's involvement I would assume they are bringing their casters for the GSTL finals as well. Looks like I signed up just in time, too. Tickets seem to be sold out now (I purchased mine last night - yes I totally impulse purchased a vacation at 2am).

Sounds pretty awesome. Particularly if Tastosis are coming do the GSTL side of things. TotalBiscuit is always entertaining, but I also frequently get the sense that he doesn't know quite as much about gameplay as a lot of the other casters.

Quote:
SC for a FIRST Robotics competition, where I will do _nothing_ for the three or four days I'll be there. But, oh well, I'll just play TF2 for another 8 hours straight Very Happy

I have to test my fighting robot this week, and I'm tempted to just do the programming myself.
comicIDIOT wrote:
You like flaunt that don't you Wink Why not invest in Stocks, Bonds and CD's? It'll make for a nice, cushy retirement on top of what you have going for you at Google. Possibly an early retirement if you're so inclined.

CD's suck and bonds are too low return. I do invest in stocks & mutual funds, and I max out on 401k contributions. Don't you worry, I've got savings. I mostly have fun hinting at what I make because most people here are broker than broke. Not that you guys have any clue if I'm even telling the truth... Wink

Early retirement is overrated anyway. I've known a handful of people that have retired early - they all ended up going back to work or becoming contractors because they didn't know what else to do. I'd much rather take a sabbatical instead.

elfprince13 wrote:
Sounds pretty awesome. Particularly if Tastosis are coming do the GSTL side of things. TotalBiscuit is always entertaining, but I also frequently get the sense that he doesn't know quite as much about gameplay as a lot of the other casters.

TotalBiscuit's knowledge may be lacking, but he is awesome and has a great voice so it doesn't matter. I'm hoping against hope for Day[9]. I don't actually think it would be Tastosis, though. They don't cast the GSTL, after all. I guess they might exert seniority to get a trip to Las Vegas, though.
Kllrnohj wrote:
TotalBiscuit's knowledge may be lacking, but he is awesome and has a great voice so it doesn't matter.

Yeah, I like listening to him talk, so as long as his casting partner is stronger on the knowledge front, it should be pretty good.

Quote:
I'm hoping against hope for Day[9]. I don't actually think it would be Tastosis, though. They don't cast the GSTL, after all. I guess they might exert seniority to get a trip to Las Vegas, though.

Day[9] would be awesome. And I actually don't even know who else GOM has for English-language staff, since I mostly have been following the "foreigner" scene.

Also, my life is awesome because I was offered an appointment to the National Undergraduate Fellowship at the Princeton Plasma Physics Lab for the summer. I should be hearing today which project I'll be working on.
elfprince13 wrote:
And I actually don't even know who else GOM has for English-language staff, since I mostly have been following the "foreigner" scene.

Moletrap, Wolf, and Khaldor. They all did SC2 casting in the "foreigner" scene before being recruited by GOM. None of them are anything special, though - definitely would rank them below most of the current foreigner casters.
Kllrnohj wrote:
Moletrap, Wolf, and Khaldor. They all did SC2 casting in the "foreigner" scene before being recruited by GOM. None of them are anything special, though - definitely would rank them below most of the current foreigner casters.

Huh, yeah, none of those names mean anything to me, and I knew almost everyone on your non-GOM list.
Double post, but....my life is awesome because I live in VT

That looks a bit more like Why My Life Sucks than Why My Life is Awesome to me. Also, are those sap containers?
KermMartian wrote:
That looks a bit more like Why My Life Sucks than Why My Life is Awesome to me. Also, are those sap containers?

Not my truck, thankfully, but yes those are sap containers.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours