So a co worker of mine has gotten me into this lately. I was really interested in it for a while but I never actually got around to learning, You know that whole Imma land on my neck factor. anyway I was wondering what other peoples experiences with parkour and such was, mine so far has been amazing.
I tried getting into it. It wasn't the physical endurance and strength but that it is commonly done in public, on buildings and property, and sometimes it's a gray area with the law.

I had some friends do Parkour in a gymnastic environment and that was fun, but it didn't last long due to not all of us being able to maintain a membership and that the facility was 30 minutes away, on the freeway.
yeah most of what i do right now is in a gym that's around the corner. and we pay each night we use it. its like $15 a head for the night its pretty nice.

we are also lucky in this area. the police like the fact that we are being active and stuff so long as we are not trespassing horribly they tend to just tell us to go home >.> <.<
My friend got me and my brother into parkour a while ago. Since then we regularly go out and run around our local neighborhood, playing on parks, etc. It is fun working out and practicing technique, but the sketchy part is actually doing stuff like climbing buildings. I've climbed on the roofs of schools, and it was nerve-wracking. But since I don't think I usually take too many risks, I would say that it was worth it.
patrickgh3 wrote:
but the sketchy part is actually doing stuff like climbing buildings. I've climbed on the roofs of schools, and it was nerve-wracking. But since I don't think I usually take too many risks, I would say that it was worth it.

Quite so. I do enjoy the occasional run but I don't make it a habit. I've done well and not suffered any broken bones - but I have fractured a few - I can climb pretty well but it's the coming down part that gets me. I just have to tell myself, that it only look ten feet down because my head is six feet higher than my feet! Very Happy Razz Laughing

Not true, four to six foot drops are nothing but when they're fifteen feet to the ground to begin with than I start second guessing my decision to jump.
I used to run around and climb a lot. But then I took a neurological disease to the knee.
comicIDIOT wrote:
patrickgh3 wrote:
but the sketchy part is actually doing stuff like climbing buildings. I've climbed on the roofs of schools, and it was nerve-wracking. But since I don't think I usually take too many risks, I would say that it was worth it.

Quite so. I do enjoy the occasional run but I don't make it a habit. I've done well and not suffered any broken bones - but I have fractured a few - I can climb pretty well but it's the coming down part that gets me. I just have to tell myself, that it only look ten feet down because my head is six feet higher than my feet! Very Happy Razz 0x5

Not true, four to six foot drops are nothing but when they're fifteen feet to the ground to begin with than I start second guessing my decision to jump.

Alot of us have that issue with the head being higher than the feet thing... I know I used to >.> <.<

and yeah fifteen foot drops are scary... I don't trust my self with them yet.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours