I used to know how to do this, but I've forgoten through disuse. I need to know why this won't work and how to make it work:
Quote:
1→A
:Send(A)
:DelVar A
:Get(A)
:If A=0
:Then
:ClrDraw
:Text(0,0,"No Connection

I know at one time (or at least I think) that I read somewhere that the recieving calculator must be paused, is this true? Because pausing didn't help:
Quote:
:If θ=23
:Then
:ClrDraw
:Text(0,0,"Link Mode"
:Horizontal(55
:Text(12,0,"Ready to send/recieve..."
:Pause
:Goto 1

Also, can you send programs to another calculator via ti-basic ( send(prgmX) )?
If I remember correctly, you can only use Getcalc(, but I could be wrong.

*Grabs Manual*

>Getcalc( gets the contents of variable on another TI-83 Plus and stores it to variable on the recieving TI-83 Plus. Variable can be a real or complex number, list element, list name, matrix element, matrix name, string, y= variable, graph database, or picture.

>Get(, Send(
>> Get( gets data from the CBL/CBR and stores it to variable on the receiving TI-83 Plus.

>>Send( sends the contents of variable to the CBL/CBR. You cannot use it to send to another TI-83 Plus.

Get and Send cannot be used as calc to calc linking, if I am reading this correctly...

And no, you can't send programs via BASIC... Unless you store a program to a string, and execute said program using the expr( command. Very Happy
GETCALC!!!!!!! Smile
But I just said that... Confused
I just wanted to enphasize it, it took me a while to figure out this same problem (never having read the manual until 2003 Cool )
I guess I'll have to rewrite quite a bit then. Sad (I hope this doesn't change the way my program turns out too much)

At least now I know why not to use send and get. If I finish my program and if it's good enough, I might put it up for others to try. Although the program is kind of pointless...
If you want to see some tipz, check out ut2.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours