My project is a document for the Nspire CAS that allows you to copy and paste statistics formulas and solve problems rapidly. There are already plenty of statistics programs built in by default, but this document organizes them by topic in a way where you can easily navigate without confusion. It also adds features not built into the calculator, like a variance test. In lieu of programs, this document uses formulas for you to copy and paste. It really works, I mean I got a 105 on a statistics test using it. I've also done similar projects for physics, algebra, etc. and I'll probably release one for chemistry when I finish Chemistry II.

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/450/45081.html
Pretty cool! I see you're new to this forum. You should introduce yourself!
Maybe I didn't understand exactly what your program will do, but it looks very similar to Formula Pro Wink
Hayleia wrote:
Maybe I didn't understand exactly what your program will do, but it looks very similar to Formula Pro Wink
Hmm, seems so to me, too, so I'd love to hear more details about it, particularly what you feel distinguishes your document as easy-to-use for students. And don't hesitate to upload the several documents you mentioned to our File Archives.
Yeah, the goal of the project is very similar to Formula Pro. Pages are organized by topic, and on one page you have textbook formulas for showing your work. On the next page you have the "cheat sheet" of formulas in calculator-input form, which you copy and paste, then change the variables. What it does is show the student what formula is needed by topic being covered in class. The interface is much easier to remember than scrolling through menus.

For the screenshot on that page with n=, if you know your problem is about finding the sample size needed to achieve a margin of error, you'd know to go to the page with n=. Then if you were doing it for a proportion, you'd use the second formula. It saves you a ton of button pushing.

I think I might release two versions in the .zip file, one where the formula pages are organized for someone at the end of a typical intro statistics course and one for a student at the end of it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours