Sunθ v2.6r is a solar position calculator for all non-nSpire calculators that I wrote using this website's formula. It outputs the sun's altitude and azimuth given latitude, longitude, and UTC time.

Supported devices: TI-73, 81, 82, 83/+, 84+, 85, 86, 89, 92/+
These can be downloaded from Cemetech's (except TI-81) or ticalc.org's archives when they are released; see Notes section for availability.

Features:
▪ It takes less than a second to calculate on a TI-83, and about a third of a second on a TI-84 Plus.
▪ Able to store a location to list ʟSUNθD/SunθData/sunθd on all calcs except TI-81. The TI-82 has extended data integrity checks and uses L₆. v3.0 can store two locations.
▪ As of v3.0, a data conversion utility was added as plugin 2 to handle the new list format. The TI-89 version integrates conversion to data loading using 68k-specific functions.
▪ As of v2.4, the STATS lists aren't touched except on TI-82.
▪ Can run a program (2 programs in v3.0) as a 'plugin' from within Sunθ, using X and F for alt/az.

Future features:
▪ Plot on a virtual sky (currently a plugin in alpha stage)
▪ (89/92/+ only): Use a string list named sunθs for plugin names

Bugs and unfinished parts:
▪ There's an algorithm mistake in calculating the fractional year that affects all versions before v2.6 and TI-89Ti v3.0. Version 2.7r corrects this and eliminates list usage.
▪ I haven't yet added in time zone support, but I hope to finish time zones in the next release; currently, clock input is fairly useless because Sunθ requires the time to be set in UTC.
▪ The TI-84 Plus version still says v2.4r in the menu. I'll fix this in v3.0.
▪ The algorithm is in desperate need of optimization; some formulas can be merged.
▪ It uses nearly every available variable. v3.1 made some progress in solving this.
▪ Plugin 1 must set R before it returns to Sunθ or not use R. I don't have an efficient way around this.
▪ I didn't make a HW1 TI-89 version, oops. The tokens are incompatible and should give an "Internal error" upon execution.

Notes:
▪ I have a semi-limited TI-81 version, 820 or so bytes and currently does not include location storage. v3.0 should add location loading from STAT lists.
▪ The TI-92+ version currently does not support clock input.

Currently Released Versions:
▪ TI-73 -- 90% done with v2.6
▪ TI-81 -- Not yet released: v2.7
▪ TI-82 -- Not yet released: v2.7r
▪ TI-83 -- v2.6r
▪ TI-84+ -- v2.5r
▪ TI-85 -- v2.6r
▪ TI-86 -- v2.6r
▪ TI-89 -- Not yet released: v3.0r
▪ TI-89 Titanium -- v3.0r
▪ TI-92/+ -- Not yet released: v1.3r

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours