Hi,

My first forum post is a question on how I would do some basic matrix stuff.

1) I am trying to figure out how to extract the last column of a rref matrix and put it into a list or another matrix. The matrix size is variable, so the last column would be whatever the dim of the matrix is I presume.

2) How do I resize a matrix? I want to put a list into a matrix, or create a new matrix with a specified mxn size.

3) Is there a way to store a resulting matrix into a matrix variable, say [C], and have [C] scale to the appropriate size automatically?

4) How do I loop through list items?
1) You probably want the Matr►List and List►Matr commands. Check out: http://tibasicdev.wikidot.com/matrices

2) See that same page. You can {N,N→dim([A]

3) I don't think I quite understand this question, but read over the page I linked to.

4) A For( loop, or a seq( command, depending on what you want to do.
Thanks! When I try to extract the last column, I get an error. ERR:DATA TYPE. This is what I tried. I just want the last column of the matrix H stored in L1. I need to add this to the I matrix for later too.
Matr►list([H],dim([H]),L1)

UPDATE: I see that dim returns a list. Now I am just trying to get the last element of the list Smile
Matr►list([H],dim([H])(2),L1) will store the dimension from the second element of the dimension of H to L1.
Thanks! I figured out something similar:
:dim([H])→{L2}
:{L2}(2)→Y
:Matr►list([H],Y,{L1})

Any idea how to get the TI84 Plus to write proofs? Evil or Very Mad
Quote:
Any idea how to get the TI84 Plus to write proofs?

Deep magic.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours