I have a TI 84+ SE. It was on OS 2.40 until pretty recently. It was working fine until one day it randomly shut off. I turned it back on to find that the RAM was cleared, so I figured it was ok. However, whenever I do certain functions with the calculator, like fnInt or 2-Var Stats as a couple of examples, it immediately shuts off and clears the RAM when I turn it back on. Seeing as my calculator is way out of warranty, I was hoping that it was a soft ware problem, so I wiped all of my programs and updated the OS to the most recent for TI 84s. The issue still presides. Is there possibly anything that I missed that might fix it?

I'd like to note that it turns on and does most functions normally, but only a few of the built in functions cause this issue. Any apps that I redownloaded onto my calculator work fine, and many of the other built in functions still work.

Any Help would be appreciated.
Under the memory menu, there is an option to reset both apps and the archive at once. Have you tried it?

If you hold MODE, pull a battery, then insert the battery while holding MODE and press ON while holding mode, it should enter a self-test that thoroughly erases everything including the OS. Try it.

How old is the device? On the back, after the serial number, is stamped the device's origin code, which looks like A-1234, giving the location and date of manufacture. What is it?
I had never bothered to reset both the apps and the archive at once. I just tried it and everything seems to be working fine now. Can you tell me why that would be any different from doing them separately? Thanks for the help! My calculator is now fully functional.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours