so, during my siesta from Cemetech, my calculator has developed a problem. any PC-to-Calc communication, other than gCn, reports an issue. TI-Connect reports the error "access denied" anytime i use it. Tilp doesnt even detect my calculator (and yes, i once had it set up properly before.) the only way to use it with pc-to-calc communiation is through gCn (THANK YOU Kerm for sandpaper).

is there any way to actually find out what is happening here? I wouldnt have any idea how to diagnose the problem.

no, i dont own any link cables for the 2.5mm jack, just USB.
I'd try archiving everything and doing a RAM clear. I've seen that fix a few linking issues before. Otherwise, will have to wait for the more knowledgeable people to post.
that was my first idea, but it wasnt fixed. i also tried new batteries, just in case, but that had no effect. i have tried multiple PCs too, and I use that one USB cord for a whole load of other things. ive reinstalled TI-Connect (Tilp was a pain, so i dont use it much anymore anyways). Calc to calc communications work fine, too, which utterly confuses me what the problem could be. i would hate to have to do an archive clear...

...but what would that actually accomplish?
What calculator model are we talking about here? My TI-84+CSE developed a condition where it refused to connect via directUSB, and I had to both clear all memory (RAM+Archive) and re-install the OS before it would agree to link. The symptoms were particularly weird in that I could list the contents of the calculator from TI-Device Explorer and begin a transfer, but actual variable transfers in either direction would cause the calculator to disconnect.
this is a TI-84+SE, but that sounds a lot like the problem I am having. I have no ability to actually send data to the calculator except through gCn.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours