So.... I may or may not have attempted to use the ti lithium-ion battery to power my Raspberry Pi. :/ Then after connecting it to the Pi and wondering why it wouldn't work, I realized the battery didn't provide enough volts and reconnected it to the calc. I tried turning it on with no avail. Can anyone help?

Btw, yes I did try the RESET and DEL key trick and I tried to connect the calc to my computer. Both did nothing. Sad
When you plug the calculator in via USB, does the charging light light? What happens if you try to power the calculator on without the battery?
Yes, the green light turns on however, the calc fails to turn on. The same happens when I take out the battery and try to turn it on via USB
I tested mine and without the battery installed, it will not run off USB, it shows the green complete charge status, and when I replaced the battery it started up to the 'RAM Cleared' screen.

Hopefully the battery is all that is fried, Good Luck.
Yes, what GW said is what I used to get before this.

Does anyone know if TI will send me a new bat?
TheOne33 wrote:
Yes, what GW said is what I used to get before this.

Does anyone know if TI will send me a new bat?
If you didn't short it and ruin it yourself, they might. If it's your fault, they sell replacement batteries.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours