Hello! During my adventures in the calculator world, I stumbled upon
something interesting: SOUND!
There is one asm I remember that uses this feature, and that's "TiBoy"
which is a Nintendo Gameboy emulator for the TI-84. (link here)http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/419/41990.html
So how do you hear the sound? Simple. Plug headphones into the calc-
... What? HOW??? THEY DON'T FIT! You need a special kind. The OLD kind. OR if you remember "miJam" you would know that the little speaker it uses actually fits perfectly! Just not on the TI-84 models.

I don't know what miJam is, but you need either a 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapter cable or a set of headphones with a 2.5mm tip. I believe a lot of cell phone headsets have a 2.5mm tip.

EDIT: I don't know why it'd work on one but not the other, are you sure it's plugged in all the way? And what's the problem when you plug it into the 84+?
chickendude wrote:
I don't know what miJam is, but you need either a 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapter cable or a set of headphones with a 2.5mm tip. I believe a lot of cell phone headsets have a 2.5mm tip.

EDIT: I don't know why it'd work on one but not the other, are you sure it's plugged in all the way? And what's the problem when you plug it into the 84+?

The issue is that on TI-84, most speaker cables have the wire in the way, blocking your chances of plugging it in all the way.
Ahh i see, mine plugs straight in. I see now that you've actually got a CSE, i was going to suggest just cutting a hole in the side of the link port but you're probably better off just spending the 2 bucks on an adapter.
Most of us use a 2.5mm to 3.5mm stereo adapter, available at stores like RadioShack and Fry's. We can then plug normal headphones and line-in devices into the resulting 3.5mm port. Unfortunately, we haven't ported many of the sound tools like mobileTunes 3.2 to the TI-84+CSE, but you could check out calc84maniac's Steins;Gate 8-bit as a test program. For the monochrome calculators, why not try making some songs of your own?
KermMartian wrote:
Most of us use a 2.5mm to 3.5mm stereo adapter, available at stores like RadioShack and Fry's. We can then plug normal headphones and line-in devices into the resulting 3.5mm port. Unfortunately, we haven't ported many of the sound tools like mobileTunes 3.2 to the TI-84+CSE, but you could check out calc84maniac's Steins;Gate 8-bit as a test program. For the monochrome calculators, why not try making some songs of your own?

"Sounds" like a good idea!! (no pun intended Laughing )

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours