HELLO! My ti 84 silver edition can turn on and after that all the other buttons doesnt work. This is a serious issue as I have to take the regents tomorrow and without this calculator im completely screwed! Please help! I've tried to take out the battery, let it sit and nothing works please help me thank you.
What do you see when you turn the calculator on?
just the screen everything is fine its just the buttons that dont work..
yeahpong15 wrote:
just the screen everything is fine its just the buttons that dont work..
None of the buttons work? So you press [ON], the calculator turns on, and the cursor is blinking on the homescreen with nothing else on the screen?
yeah
You could try holding [Del] when you put the battery back in and see if you can get the "Waiting to install an OS" screen. Press [On] and then any key and it should clear your RAM.
ive tried it, but idk whats going on
ok just got it to work for some reason i dont even know how i fixed it lol. Thanks for all the help regardless everyone Smile
I'm glad it's working again. Good luck on your exams tomorrow Smile
Could have been that you cleared the ram when you took out the batteries. Also a good trick is to lower the brightness. BTW, what did you get? I got a 99 on the Integrated Algebra so mad now. And they can give you a calc. You cannot take the test without access to a working graphing calc.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours