Something to discuss having the calculator display text via appvars created on the PC for the CSE.

Will need Doors CSE, and a program to interface with.
This was specifically prompted by Jim123's needs. Jim:

You can type on your computer and export as a program file that you can view on your calculator using SourceCoder (an online tool) or TokenIDE (an offline tool). Once you transfer a program to your calculator, you can edit it from the PRGM menu or using Doors CSE, and scroll through it to view the entire contents. We are working on a few better text editor projects (this one comes to mind), but none have yet been completed.
Thanks for all the support guys!

Still dont really get it though Sad

I opened my program using doorSCE
but I can't scroll up

help me out please
thanks a lot Very Happy

Jim
DoorsCSE won't work like that, at best what Kerm was suggesting was for you to type in the program editor and use the program editor to look through the text, which is kind of messy.

What we need to do is write up a program that opens up a specific file and displays the contents of it. That's what we were talking about.
Jim123 wrote:
Could you help me a little bit with pm ? I made the text in the online editor:

Code:
Disp "TEXT HERE
Disp "TEXT HERE
Pause "
End

like that

but if I make it more then 10 lines i Cant view it I already tried opening it with doors cse but I still cant see the other lines of text because they are scrolled up kinda
It looks like you're working on a rudimentary text editor yourself, actually. One thing you could experiment with is storing the text you want to display in a string variable like Str1 or Str7, then figuring out how to use the length( and sub( commands to let the user scroll up and down through the contents of the string.
KermMartian wrote:
Jim123 wrote:
Could you help me a little bit with pm ? I made the text in the online editor:

Code:
Disp "TEXT HERE
Disp "TEXT HERE
Pause "
End

like that

but if I make it more then 10 lines i Cant view it I already tried opening it with doors cse but I still cant see the other lines of text because they are scrolled up kinda
It looks like you're working on a rudimentary text editor yourself, actually. One thing you could experiment with is storing the text you want to display in a string variable like Str1 or Str7, then figuring out how to use the length( and sub( commands to let the user scroll up and down through the contents of the string.

I really dont understand this sorry Sad
Hello Jim! I'll try to point you in the right direction here:

So, the sub() command basically takes a string and takes a section of it depending on the arguments. For instance, sub("Hello",2,1) would display 'e', as sub goes like this: sub(String,StartPosition,NumberOfCharactersToRead). Strings can be found in the Vars menu, near the arrows, and sub can be found be going into the catalog and pressing 't', and then scrolling up. The length() command can also be found in the catalog, and just finds the length of a string. Example: length(Str1) gives the number of characters in Str1.

The inString() command will also be useful, as it finds the location of a certain character in the string. This can help with offsets. The arguments that it has are: inString(String, SearchString, StartingPoint).

Now, here is some code to help get you started:

Code:

",Text1,Text2,Text3,Text4,Text5,Text6,Text7,Text8,Text9,Text10,Text11,Text12,"->Str1
// Don't Forget That Final And Initial Comma!
1->I
While Ans!=45
If Ans:Then
ClrHome
I+(Ans=34)-(Ans=25
If not(Ans:1
If Ans>12:12
Ans->I
0->J
For(X,1,I
inString(Str1,",",J+1->J
End
For(X,1,7
// You Can Change This 7 To Whatever Number So That It Fits And Does Not Scroll -- This Works Well On The Non C Editions
inString(Str1,",",J+1
Disp sub(Str1,J+1,Ans-J-1
inString(Str1,",",Ans->J
If J=length(Str1
7->X
End:End
getKey
End

Feel free to ask any questions! Hope this helps! Smile

EDIT: Added some bounds checking.
I was about to say that I have some nice huffman text compression routines that might be able to help out, but then i remembered that I lost them in my HDD crash lol. Might be an opportunity to recreate them.
<3 MateoConLechuga <3

Thank you very much MateoConLechuga I really really really appreciate this !!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to try the code you sent right now Very Happy

Jim
Jim123 wrote:
<3 MateoConLechuga <3

Thank you very much MateoConLechuga I really really really appreciate this !!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to try the code you sent right now Very Happy

Jim

Great! Let me know if there is anything else you might need.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours