Oh, I had forgotten to check that, thanks for the reminder.
Now I've checked and no, it's not fixed yet.
add wrote:
Oh, I had forgotten to check that, thanks for the reminder.
Now I've checked and no, it's not fixed yet.
I find that very surprising indeed. Sad The on-calc name is ZZTEMP still?
Yes, it is.
Status update on project:
I will need to rethink the whole idea and try to be more persistent/consequent in the future.
For now, I'm gonna try to figure out what I want to do/make..

EDIT (After what, a couple of months?):
Back to coding z80 asm for the TI-83+/84+.
Well, not so much coding as relearning everything... AGAIN.
Although, on second thoughts, I like the experience of learning things, so if I could relearn anything and still feel the enjoyment in that, I'd be set for life!

I still think making a demo or alike would be really neat, won't make a deadline for it though.
Basically I'm thinking an "effect after effect" demo.
I'm still not sure how much my TI84+ can handle, so that's what we'll see!
From looking at Ben Ryves' really excellent Microhertz demo, I'm sure that rather complex demos can be created on the TI-84 Plus. Good luck, and we're here to help.
I've been contemplating making a compiler/assembler for z80 for quite a while (since the start of the year I suppose?) as none makes me happy enough to keep using it.
Also it might be good as an exercise, although I'm probably not going to do this directly from scratch.

I'll go do some research about what the goals will be and what will be needed for this compiler/assembler.

EDIT: I'll start with looking at the .inc file distributed by Texas Instruments.
And I'll also see if I can find a assembler which I can modify to conform to that, and later do other neat stuff with.

EDIT2: I found vasm that seems to conform to that standard, still not happy with it though, and it's not free software licensed..
Maybe I should just make it on my own..
Well, your best choices that we use are Brass (via the Doors CS SDK, of course), SPASM, and TASM (outdated and painful; use at your own peril). I strongly recommend you stick with the Doors CS SDK and Brass for now and focus on learning and practicing assembly, as the best assembler writer is an experienced assembly programmer.
I do agree that I should focus on the learning/practicing part since it does make me think more about what is needed and especially what I want/need in an assembler.
Uuuh, *sigh*

EDIT:
KermMartian wrote:

I've tested now with the lastest Brass (1.0.5.3), and it's not ZZTEMP in prgm anymore, at least not if I have a .variablename "TEST" one the first line in the .asm file.
Also, line 18 (or so) in compile.sh should be "echo .variablename %varname% >>tasm/zztemp.asm" and not "echo .variablename %varname% >>tasm\zztemp.asm".
Spasm is open source and written in C++. But i agree you should focus more on learning assembly now that you've got a setup that works Wink
add wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

I've tested now with the lastest Brass (1.0.5.3), and it's not ZZTEMP in prgm anymore, at least not if I have a .variablename "TEST" one the first line in the .asm file.
Also, line 18 (or so) in compile.sh should be "echo .variablename %varname% >>tasm/zztemp.asm" and not "echo .variablename %varname% >>tasm\zztemp.asm".
The current Doors CS SDK has the following line in compile.sh. Please make sure you have the most current Doors CS SDK (and therefore compile.sh):
Code:
echo .variablename ${varname} >>tasm/zztemp.asm

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours