Should I make my program convert metric units to US units?
No.
 50%  [ 6 ]
Yes.
 50%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 12

What if I create an AppVar with the stanzas stored in each line, and I could first check how many lines the AppVar has and then use a For( loop to read each line with Celtic? If that would work, what symbol should I use to mean next line?
Take a look here: http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php/Third-Party_BASIC_Libraries_%28Color%29. If you don't understand it, you can always ask!
I know how to use Celtic and xLib. I think all of the programs I have in the archives right now (which is like two, but two more are in the queue) use those libraries. It is just that I have never used AppVars, so I don't really know how to use them well. Would this work for my AppVar of a song, with % meaning next line, or should I take out the quotes?

Code:
"See You Again
"Wiz Khalifa
"It's been a long day without you my friend%And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again%We've come a long way from where we began%Oh I'll tell you all about it when I see you again%When I see you again
"Damn who knew all the planes we flew%Good things we've been through%That I'll be standing right here%Talking to you about another path I%Know we loved to hit the road and laugh%But something told me that it wouldn't last%Had to switch up look at things different see the bigger picture%Those were the days hard work forever pays now I see you in a better place
"How could we not talk about family when family's all that we got?%Everything I went through you were standing there by my side%And now you gonna be with me for the last ride
"It's been a long day without you my friend%And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again%We've come a long way from where we began%Oh I'll tell you all about it when I see you again%when I see you again
"First you both go out your way%And the vibe is feeling strong and what's%Small turn to a friendship, a friendship%Turn into a bond and that bond will never%Be broken and the love will never get lost%And when brotherhood come first then the line%Will never be crossed established it on our own%When that line had to be drawn and that line is what%We reach so remember me when I'm gone
"How could we not talk about family when family's all that we got?%Everything I went through you were standing there by my side%And now you gonna be with me for the last ride
"So let the light guide your way hold every memory%As you go and every road you take will always lead you home
"It's been a long day without you my friend%And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again%We've come a long way from where we began%Oh I'll tell you all about it when I see you again%When I see you again

Something messed up with how the forum is displaying my code, so it looks like I left out letters and stuff. But there are no typos or mess ups.

Edit: Never mind all of this. I got it all figure out.
I haven't been working on this because I have been busy, but I will start working on it now. What should I use as the background (using an xLIBC appvar for BigPic thingy) that would still make the words readable, and what color should the words be? If I use an image for the background, it won't change during the program because it would take up more memory. If you have a suggestion for an image, please reply, along with a good color for the words if I used the image. I am starting soon.
If anyone wants to keep talking about my project and see how it is coming along (close to done!), the topic is at http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=236911#236911. So don't reply unless it is unrelated to the song, like about some other program ideas. Reply there.
Bump. I want to make a game in Hybrid Basic, and I have started a game of Cat and Mouse, but after that, what would someone like to see in a game that will be very basic?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours