Hi! I just got a new calculator, and when I turn it on, all I get is a white screen. My computer recognizes it, but nothing happens. Help! Very Happy Graphing Calculator
Is it charged all the way? Is there anything stuck in the linking ports? Have you tried pressing the reset button on the back? Welcome to Cemetech, by the way, benpete! Smile
It is not charged all the way, but have been charging it for almost an hour now. I have tried the reset button, but what are the linking ports? Thanks, Ben
benpete420 wrote:
It is not charged all the way, but have been charging it for almost an hour now. I have tried the reset button, but what are the linking ports? Thanks, Ben

The linking ports are the two holes at the top of the calc, the I/O port and mini-usb port.
Try holding the [DEL] button when you turn on your calculator. Make sure it isn't plugged in, and that nothing is stuck in the ports in the top. You should get a message screeen Smile
Still nothing Sad
So you can detect the calculator on your computer? Have you downloaded TIConnect CE, available here:
https://education.ti.com/en/us/software/details/en/13312F7CEC074A2DAFD7EE5646129839/swticonnectcesoftwareforwindows

Also, you are going to want to try reinstalling your OS, which you can download here:
https://education.ti.com/en/us/software/details/en/5F0CBAC101194542B16B80BCE6CB3602/ti-84-plus-c-silver-edition-operating-system
did you try bringing the brightness of your screen down??

AKA 2nd then hold the up arrow?
I can detect it my computer wit the TI Connect software, but how do you reinstall the operating system?
Simply send it to the calculator using the program. I believe it will dectect that it is an OS. Also, try doing [ON]+[MODE] when you boot. Smile
It didn't work. Should I return it?
did you try turning the brightness down?
I did try turning the brightness down
I would say your best bet is to return it.
ok
Gentlemen, thanks for helping Benpete out. A few notes on Cemetech etiquette: we value quality over quantitiy, so please make sure that your posts are as descriptive, thorough, and grammatically-correct as possible. Single-word (and single-video/single-image) posts are strongly discouraged. With that said, I'm glad you were able to suggest solutions to Benpete. Just to review everything that was suggested to make sure Benpete was able to try them all:
- Turning the brightness down (this would not cause a white screen)
- Reinstalling the OS using TI Connect or TI Connect CE
- Clearing the RAM using the Reset button on the back

If none of those three options worked, then I agree with batman that returning the calculator is a good idea.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours