I've only had my TI-84 plus c silver edition for a year now. I didn't use it all summer and I just tried to charge it but after the light turns green and I unplug it, my calculator says low battery and turns off. Please help!!!
Conditioning the battery would indeed be the right thing to do, if you can. You can use it until it shuts off from the low battery, then plug it in and let it charge for at least eight or ten hours, and repeat a few times. If that doesn't do it, you unfortunately may need to buy a new battery.
You will also want to open the battery compartment and unplug the battery for 3 minutes, then plug it back in. That has worked for me multiple times.
I know that sometimes the battery doesn't like to charge if you're using a usb hub on a computer. That was the case for me and I completely freaked out. But if this describes what your setup looks like then that's probably why.
I'N Rahaman, I'd be curious if Unicorn's fix works for you; if it does, please let post so we'll know to suggest that to visitors with the same problem in the future. Botboy, while that's a good suggestion, I suspect that would prevent it from charging fast enough/at all rather than making it display the green LED indicating that it's already fully charged.
I also believe that my fix worked for solarsoftware to, unless he conditioned it.
the battery dosent last very long on mine would your solution work?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours