can someone help me find software to connect a ti 85 to my pc?
If you provide more information about your PC and communication cable, certainly.
Lionel Debroux wrote:
If you provide more information about your PC and communication cable, certainly.

i have a windows pc. its a hp 2000 running windows 8 and im using a silverlink.
On a modern computer, for a TI-85 or the similar old (non-Stats, non-Advanced) 82, there's a single choice anyway: TILP II, for which you can find a beta-testing topic on Cemetech, with the latest Windows build, which is far better than the 2 years and a half old TILP II 1.17.
Windows limitations and "features" make it unfriendly to install: not only one has to manually use a "filter driver installer" if TI-Connect and TILP must both be in working order on a given computer (*1), as described in the Windows README, but also, for Win 8 and beyond, a signed driver binary is no longer enough: one has to sign the CAT files which are part of the driver package using Zadig (*2) - you can find a tutorial for that on Cemetech.

*1: only to work around the fact that Windows thoroughly hates having more than one driver for a given piece of hardware, but TILP (libticables) and TI-Connect / TINC(L)S cannot use each other's drivers for licensing and functionality reasons;
*2: but self-signing works, so this yields zero additional security in return for the user and programmer hassle...
Lionel Debroux wrote:
On a modern computer, for a TI-85 or the similar old (non-Stats, non-Advanced) 82, there's a single choice anyway: TILP II, for which you can find a beta-testing topic on Cemetech, with the latest Windows build, which is far better than the 2 years and a half old TILP II 1.17.
Windows limitations and "features" make it unfriendly to install: not only one has to manually use a "filter driver installer" if TI-Connect and TILP must both be in working order on a given computer (*1), as described in the Windows README, but also, for Win 8 and beyond, a signed driver binary is no longer enough: one has to sign the CAT files which are part of the driver package using Zadig (*2) - you can find a tutorial for that on Cemetech.

*1: only to work around the fact that Windows thoroughly hates having more than one driver for a given piece of hardware, but TILP (libticables) and TI-Connect / TINC(L)S cannot use each other's drivers for licensing and functionality reasons;
*2: but self-signing works, so this yields zero additional security in return for the user and programmer hassle...

i think i will keep my ti 85 as a collectors item.
By now, the procedure must have been used by hundreds of persons, but it must be followed correctly.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours