So heres the deal. I'm in AP Calculus BC at my High School and my calculator decided to wipe its memory today... Yay Neutral

So I was wondering what are the essential programs I need for my calculator. I have a TI 83+. Thanks!
There aren't much in the way of 83+ programs that will help you out of a tight spot in BC. You're going to be doing a lot of symbolic manipulation, which is not something the 83+ is designed for. You're better off paying attention and learning the material.
Yeah, most calc stuff can be done with the built-in functions. Programs won't help you out too much.
I second elfprince. Learn the content.
I also second elfprince as well. However, there's an easy way to do synthetic division on you calc with this program.

Code:
PROGRAM:SYNTHDIV
:Input "ʟ:",L₁
:Input "X=",X
:-X→x
:dim(L₁→dim(L₂
:L₁(1)→L₂(1)
:For(A,2,dimL₁
:L₁(a)+L₂(a-1)*x→L₂
:End
:Disp L₂

You input your coefficients in list form, and a known root. The program returns a list.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours