Since the death of my old nspire I'm looking to get a new one. Should I get one with a touchpad or a clickpad?
Neither clickpad nor touchpad, these models are both compeletely outdated. You should buy in this case a TI-Nspire CX CAS, the latest model Smile
StarTrekVoyager wrote:
Neither clickpad nor touchpad, these models are both compeletely outdated. You should buy in this case a TI-Nspire CX CAS, the latest model Smile

I second this. The Nspire CX CAS is awesome, and I use it every day for calculus.
Just make sure you can use a CAS system on any/all tests you might have to take. Some testing won't allow CAS based systems to be used.
tifreak8x wrote:
Just make sure you can use a CAS system on any/all tests you might have to take. Some testing won't allow CAS based systems to be used.

To be fair, I don't have any STEM classes (I have calculus, inorganic chemistry and optics/waves) that allow me to use a graphing calculator at all, in fact I've heard of some calculus teachers that prevent students from using calculators entirely, let alone one with a CAS, so I would doubt that such an overpowered calculator would be allowed in a college level exam room. This being said, I use my ti-nspire CX CAS when doing homework, lab reports and assignments aka anything that is done outside the classroom and it is wonderful. I would definitely recommend it, it takes a little while to get used to it, but the more you learn about it, the more it can do for you. Also, ndless 4.0/4.2 just came out, so if for some odd reason you have an urge to play some minecraft or megaman during a boring class, now you can Razz
im finding grayscale nspires on ebay for much cheaper thats why im going with a grayscale model. plus if i go with a clickpad model ill probably have a older os (3.9 sucks with ndless). let me know what i should do. thanks.
It's a bad idea to buy grayscale models, TI gave up on them and you won't benefit from newer features...
Lionel Debroux wrote:
It's a bad idea to buy grayscale models, TI gave up on them and you won't benefit from newer features...

Alright I'll see what I can do. Thanks for the input

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours