It takes an App page, which is roughly 16K.

And for the 89, there was a shell called DoorsOS. Smile 89 shells for the most part, are not neccessary, though some programs do need them...
16384 bytes.
Gah, which is roughly 16k! Razz Laughing

Much easier to say then being precise. Smile
And keep in mind that that's archive space, not the precious 7k of RAM that DCS 5.4 took up. Smile
TI-Freak8x wrote:
Gah, which is roughly 16k! Razz Laughing

Much easier to say then being precise. Smile

Actually, 16384 bytes is 16KiB. 1024*16=16384. Today, there is much confusion which to use (1000 or 1024), so the SI committee made Ki, Mi, Gi, Ti, etc. for prefixes (kibi, mibi, gibi, tibi, etc.). Rough estimates are typically given in the 1000 while numbers output by electronics are typically 1024 based (except for email where 1GB==1000MB, not 1024MB).
kirb wrote:
Actually, 16384 bytes is 16KiB. 1024*16=16384. Today, there is much confusion which to use (1000 or 1024), so the SI committee made Ki, Mi, Gi, Ti, etc. for prefixes (kibi, mibi, gibi, tibi, etc.). Rough estimates are typically given in the 1000 while numbers output by electronics are typically 1024 based (except for email where 1GB==1000MB, not 1024MB).

1GB = 1024MB, always, its just that M$ was too d**n lazy to code their OS correctly, hence the now "mainstream" 1GB = 1000MB

so if you tell someone 16KB, if they want to be correct they should say, hey! thats 16384 bytes - if they like being an M$ t00l they'll say bah, thats only 16,000 bytes
Here's a full article:
http://physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/binary.html
KermMartian wrote:
I dunno about Mirage, but in the latest versions of Doors CS, you can keep the progs archived, and it will automatically archive and unarchive when it needs to, then rearchive when you're done playing.

Sad It only does that for the main program, not the sub-programs. If it runs across a sub-program in the main program that is archived, it gives an 'Archived' error.
Those 'mebi' 'kibi' etc things always seem so awkward to me...
kirb wrote:

i wasn't doubting you, i was just saying that 16KB and 16kibi are the exact same thing, and the incorrect "mainstream" view be da*ned
But keep in mind that 16kB =/= 16KB.
KermMartian wrote:
But keep in mind that 16kB =/= 16KB.

you mean 16Kb =/= 16KB Wink (its the 'b' that changes size, not the 'k' Rolling Eyes )

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours