birdmanx35 wrote:
Yup, I'm still at n00b level. I don't think I'll ask questions here again. Sorry Kerm, it's much too unwelcoming.

maybe because you are hyping yourself as the next big thing with ground-breaking (or "ground-trembling") new games, yet have no clue how to do even simple TI-BASIC good programming practices is the cause of the hostility? maybe you need to re-evalutate your approach, then you will get a good response. You should have announced yourself as a new programming group that wants to learn how to become better, and maybe help the community once you've gotten good at programming. Instead, you make it sound like you are already the sh*t, yet you ask a total n00b question
it really doesn't take much effort to hold comments like that in. jpez, chill.

if you want to see real proof that I was just as n00by as them once read this:http://www.unitedti.org/index.php?showtopic=2967&hl=
elfprince13 wrote:
if you want to see real proof that I was just as n00by as them once read this:http://www.unitedti.org/index.php?showtopic=2967&hl=

you didn't proclaim yourself as god's gift to calculators tho either
Laughing I'd like to know why all the n00bs always refer to themselves as programming groups from the start. They always refer to themselves as "we" when we all know that they are a single programmer. I find it quite comical, but after a while it can get irritating. ElfPrince, I love this line:
ElfPrince wrote:
we can. However as said before we specialize in Graphics. however all our staff (currently me) are experts in Basic.
Laughing Razz
Amen, brotha.
BPC doesnt seem to be a single programmer. Im pretty much the only programmer at SFGP, but Ive had other staff pretty much from the start.
Umm....
Chipmaster wrote:
ElfPrince wrote:
we can. However as said before we specialize in Graphics. however all our staff (currently me) are experts in Basic.
Razz
and 2 weeks later I got bledoux and jakeman550
For your information:

I have asked this question before on the TICALCS2 forum. I'll get a link if you want it.

I have looked at it in several tutorials, including your very own L33T guide. It doesn't tell me really the proper way to do it. I think it has good intentions but it doesn't show examples.

I'm not going to say any more here because some of you are pissing me off and I don't want to lose my temper.
birdmanx35 wrote:
For your information:

I have asked this question before on the TICALCS2 forum. I'll get a link if you want it.

I have looked at it in several tutorials, including your very own L33T guide. It doesn't tell me really the proper way to do it. I think it has good intentions but it doesn't show examples.

I'm not going to say any more here because some of you are pissing me off and I don't want to lose my temper.

What's the best way to learn? The best way to learn is by putting your knowledge to use. If you've read so many tutorials then you should be very familiar with how loops are supposed to work. All it takes is creative problem solving to find a way to relieve your dependence on labels.
true, when I did Ultimate Pond not too long ago, I used a few labels. I recently went back through the code and eliminated everyone of them. Also, with my RPG, there has yet to be a label to date.

When thinking on your labels think, what does it take to get it to go back. If you want it to go ack to start of loop whtn x<5, and your code looked like

Code:
lbl A
Some code
If X<5
Goto A

That can be changed with

Code:
While X<5
some code
End

If it is in the middle of the program, you will find the speed will pick up. If you want, I can supply you my code for Ultimate Pong 2.0 (labels) and 2.1 (no lavels and unreleased) and you can look at the diffrences and study them. Just PM me if you want them.
I would suggest looking at the Pokemon source code, but it is extremely complex to those that aren't overly advanced with BASIC...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours