I've noticed that I can't use the Ti-Keyboard in DCS or in DCS apps. Unless I'm missing something huge, I find this strange because I thought that the keyboard capture in DCS and its apps was pretty much the same as the stock OS, which would mean that there is a hook for the I/O port scan. The Ti Keyboard works fine in BASIC programs and in Mimas, but it doesn't work in things like DCS/its programs or even something like the Axe compiler.

My goal was to use Mimas as an on-board assembler and Document DE 7 along with Tokenizer as a BASIC editor and have my 83+SE in the cradle with the Ti Keyboard.

Is there a line or function I can add into the source code to allow for use of the Ti Keyboard?
"dot" added to follow this thread. I too would like to be able to use the keyboard in DCS7. Then the TI84+ could have both a keyboard and mouse.
The TI-keyboard is handled only via _GetKey, not any other keyboard polling system. Any program that does non-blocking keyboard input would need to reimplement support for the TI-keyboard.
Tari wrote:
The TI-keyboard is handled only via _GetKey, not any other keyboard polling system. Any program that does non-blocking keyboard input would need to reimplement support for the TI-keyboard.

Thanks! This probably means I'd have to completely redo Kerm's work on document de, but there IS a chance....

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours