Hey I finally saw your program on ticalc.org. I read the readme and you said it only does 16 by 16 sprites. I thought you said you were going to update it with my suggestions so that you can make sprites of any size. What happened?
Well, I came up with the simplest solution to adding the most popular sizes, 8x8, 16x16, and 32x32.

All that was needed was to add 3 if commands, checking the size of the string, and determining what size of sprite to display. I am also going to have it do "smart errors", and incase the programmer doesn't put in the correct size of string, it will overwrite Str4 with an X sprite, to indicate that sprite size is incorrect. Smile I think I will probably just have it display an 8x8 sprite of that, to make it less bulky...

Anyway, I am going to try to upload sometime today with the new file. Smile
Superbly. Can't wait!! I think I'm going to first test it out with Sim City 2006, for which I'll have to come up with a less copywrite-infringing name.
I already started porting AODR to this system, hopefully will kill the time it takes to load maps...
Yeah, that's what I was thinking it would help with for sc2k6.
Well, if you just want the file now, you can edit the code; go to near the bottom, and in both instances where it says I+16, just change to I+8, if you are using 8x8 sprites. Smile
Eh, I'll wait for the final 1337ness so I can give you the dl.
Ok, Thanks. Smile

Also, why isn't there any "Quick Reply" boxes? Something that php doesn't have, or something you do not have enabled?
It's because I didn't upgrade to that version. I'm waiting for 2.0.20 before the upgrade because it's such a hassle to patch my ubermodded scripts.
Well, crap, doesn't look like getting that prog uploaded anytime soon, will probably be later this evening...
tifreak8x wrote:
Well, I came up with the simplest solution to adding the most popular sizes, 8x8, 16x16, and 32x32.

All that was needed was to add 3 if commands, checking the size of the string, and determining what size of sprite to display. I am also going to have it do "smart errors", and incase the programmer doesn't put in the correct size of string, it will overwrite Str4 with an X sprite, to indicate that sprite size is incorrect. Smile I think I will probably just have it display an 8x8 sprite of that, to make it less bulky...

You know those minor modifications I made allowed for any size sprite right? The only thing was that the width had to be a multiple of 8, the height could be any reasonable size.
something1990 wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:

You know those minor modifications I made allowed for any size sprite right? The only thing was that the width had to be a multiple of 8, the height could be any reasonable size.
Actually, you can do it in width multiples of 4 if you do it nibble by nibble.
You don't have to quote it if your post is right after my post. Anyway, if it can easily be modified for sprites of any size, why stick with just 8, 16, and 32 height/width sprites?
If you give one variable for the width and autodetect the height, however, you can make it work for nearly infinite varieties of sprites.
So why stay stuck with only three sizes for sprites?
That's my point. There's absolutely no reason to, when with roughly the same number of clock cycles and bytes you can make it autodetect.

Page 4 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours