Hello!

I wanted to use the fx-CG manager to test out an addin that may have memory overflows in it (I'm testing my Python to C transpiler), but I run Linux.
I tried to get it running in WINE with wine and wine-mono installed, but it says 'bad EXE format' and 'file not found'.
I'm pretty new to WINE - does anyone know how to fix this error?
The fx-CG emulator is known to work pretty well under wine. Normally I can run the installer normally, and then the command to run the program itself is

Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CASIO\fx-CG Manager PLUS Subscription for fx-CG50series\fx-CG_Manager_PLUS_Subscription_for_fx-CG50series.exe" /n"fx-CG Manager PLUS Subscription for fx-CG50series"

You do need the /n argument or you end up with an error along the lines of "A problem occured while accessing the registry. Check to make sure that the emulator is installed correctly."

Your problem with the installer seems to be earlier. Can you show the exact error messages? If the installer EXE is invalid maybe just re-download it from the official source, it normally works.
Lephe wrote:
The fx-CG emulator is known to work pretty well under wine. Normally I can run the installer normally, and then the command to run the program itself is

Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CASIO\fx-CG Manager PLUS Subscription for fx-CG50series\fx-CG_Manager_PLUS_Subscription_for_fx-CG50series.exe" /n"fx-CG Manager PLUS Subscription for fx-CG50series"

You do need the /n argument or you end up with an error along the lines of "A problem occured while accessing the registry. Check to make sure that the emulator is installed correctly."

Your problem with the installer seems to be earlier. Can you show the exact error messages? If the installer EXE is invalid maybe just re-download it from the official source, it normally works.

Thanks for the tip about re-downloading!
It turns out I'd set the file extension to be .exe when it's a .zip file.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours