I went to the mode screen to set the X column to display three places after the decimal point in the table screen. How do I set the Y1 column to display three places after the decimal point?
In the mode menu, next to float, you can select 3
mr womp womp wrote:

I already did that. In the X column, for example, I have 7.999. In the Y1 column I have 191.98. The Y1 column should be 191.976. Y1 = (X^3-512)/(X-8). My online math course is marking 191.98 incorrect because the precision is only two places after the decimal point.

The problem is if k(x) = (X^3-512)/(X-8), complete the table and use the results to find ​k(x) to find lim k(x) as x approaches 8. Thanks for replying!
mr womp womp wrote:

The solution to my problem is to use the right cursor and highlight the y-value; it’ll display full value at the bottom of the screen. What's funny is that desmos's (https://www.desmos.com/calculator) y-value at 5 places after the decimal point is 464.76405 versus 464.76404 on the TI-84 Plus. My homework y-value at the required 4 places after the decimal point was 464.7641. My online course marked that as incorrect; it wanted 464.7640. Like I have time to sweat the small stuff!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours