I'm trying to work on getting a general use program made for my calculator, and one thing I want to do is have an intro screen. I started to get this going, then realized a problem. Due to the amount of text, there is some linefeeds that need to happen. However, manually splitting it and using a separate "_PutS" and a different string for each line is a pain. I have tried to use LineFeeds, "0xA, 0xD" but those give weird characters on the Calculator.
If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to let me know!
It sounds like you might want to make a little helper routine that scans through the line, looking for either 0x0A or 0x0D, as well as for 0x00, repeatedly _PutMap'ping as it goes. When it finds one of the special characters, it skips it, instead incrementing the currow and setting curcol back to the beginning of the line. You can then encode your text with either 0x0A or 0x0D as your newline/linefeed character.
I was thinking that was a solution, just seems pretty bulky to use compared to other methods, but if that's what I need to do, I'll work with it! Much thanks!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours