Hey guys, so here’s the thing. I want to make a sprite test in ti-basic, but how do I get graphics displaying on the screen? What libraries do I use?
Sprites in TI-Basic are kinda Finicky in my opinion; I prefer to use Axe. But in terms of libraries I have no idea.
Celtic III for 83+/84+ monochrome calcs, Celtic II for the CSE, and Celtic CE for the CE. On monochrome calcs, text sprites are also a viable option. (They are possible on CSE/CE but are more limited and slower)
I have found two ways. Firstly, use pxl-on ( this command displays one pixel at a time, using BMP format files to convert coordinates. bmp max size is 95x63(http://jk.jknear.com:9999/bmp2tib.html)The disadvantage is that the file size is large and the speed is slow. Secondly, use the identity (5 command in dcs7.4 to display images such as identity (5, "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF", 0,0,1,8,3,0,1)
Among them, "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF" can be used to generate HEX code using TOKENIDE. This display image is fast, but after my testing, it can only display a maximum size of 96x32. To display the entire screen, two lines of code are required. The hex code is 1536 bytes in one line. I suspect that the calculator will crash if the code exceeds 800 bytes in one line. I am also looking for another way to display the full screen image in Basic instead of the separate 8xi format. If you find it, please share it with me. Thank you very much.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours