TIny_Hacker wrote:
PaulGamerBoy360 wrote:
The Shell Keeps Crashing: When i Exit the Settings the Whole Calculator Crashes, When i Click Alpha (or the f-key that does the same thing as alpha) it crashes.

Also I keep clicking on one program and it opens a different one.

I am Basically Just using it to enter the shell & exit so that i can have the icons in the prgm Menu.

If the issues are fixed I would Use it for its full Functionality.

Please HelpšŸ™šŸ«”

EDIT:

Would Any of The Following Interfere With CEashell?:

ā€¢Cesium
ā€¢No-Shell
ā€¢Artiface(I No longer Use this but keep it as a back-up methood)

I believe we've seen this issue reported earlier, and were unable to reproduce it. Assuming you're using 1.1.5, you can try reverting to an older version and see if that corrects the issue.

Since 2.0 is a full rewrite, we're no longer supporting the older versions with bug fixes. Because 99% of the code for 2.0 is new and will replace 1.1.5-, it doesn't make sense. However, 2.0 is also a lot more secure and written a lot better, so it should be a lot less buggy and more stable over all.

Obviously 2.0 isn't out yet, but if you'd like to try it before the release you can build the latest version from the GitHub repository or wait for the (hopefully soon) public beta in our Discord as well. There may be issues with 2.0, but it'll be a lot more stable over all and we'll spend time looking into fixing any issues with 2.0 you may encounter.

I am Using the one listed as: CEaShell (published 10 months, 3 weeks ago; 2023-04-06 23:28 UTC)
Sounds like you're using 1.1.5 then. Feel free to follow any of the suggestions and hopefully one works Smile
Bug report: Y graphing variables get corrupted, and when I try setting any one of them using a command (e.g. "X^2->Y1) I get a Data type error. I don't know how it triggers, but it doesn't happen always.
Thanks for letting us know? What version of CEaShell are you using?
I am using v2.0.0-beta.1 .
Thanks! Would you happen to have any more information about what you were doing on the calculator before it happened to you the last time?
Well, I On break out of a program containing a storage command to a Y variable then select Go to. Basically, all works fine the first few times, but when the bug triggers, the Go to option in the break just takes me back to the shell. Running the program again gives a Data type error. Opening the Y= screen, basically everything is corrupted, and I have to reset the calculator.
I've tested this a good number of times and wasn't able to replicate the bug myself. We've changed a lot (including stuff involving program running / editing which could affect this) since v2.0.0-beta.4, would you mind giving the latest version a try and seeing if the issue still occurs for you? Thanks again for helping out with testing!
Sorry if I'm being a bit of a hassle, but could you please add the ability to toggle the rounded corners on program icons?

Edit:
Also, another bug report, CEaShell doesn't seem to handle Wait commands correctly (basically just freezes the program run until ON is pressed)
StephenM wrote:
Sorry if I'm being a bit of a hassle, but could you please add the ability to toggle the rounded corners on program icons?

Edit:
Also, another bug report, CEaShell doesn't seem to handle Wait commands correctly (basically just freezes the program run until ON is pressed)

We probably won't add that as it un-rounding corners would mess up a lot of continuity with the rest of the shell and be annoying to implement.

When you encountered the issue, were you running the program from the homescreen or the CEaShell app? I've also encountered that issue once a long time ago but haven't been able to reproduce it since.
I am not sure what caused it but it has happened twice so far since I started using CEaShell again, but it seems that APD got disabled on my calc on two occasions by something. The only other thing I ran before that started happening was Celtic CE stuff, Iambian's font hook, ArTIfiCE and ASMHOOK.
TIny_Hacker wrote:
We probably won't add that as it un-rounding corners would mess up a lot of continuity with the rest of the shell and be annoying to implement.

Understandable.

TIny_Hacker wrote:
When you encountered the issue, were you running the program from the homescreen or the CEaShell app? I've also encountered that issue once a long time ago but haven't been able to reproduce it since.

I was running the program from the shell, but this also happens when running from the home screen. The trigger(s) does seem to be what DJ Omnimaga mentioned, though not Celtic CE for me.
Update time! (Slightly sad Sad )

While we planned on not adding much more to CEaShell before release (yes, you've heard that before Razz ), we found that a minor change to some of the shell's functionality is necessary before the final version. While some of you may be upset or disappointed about this change at first, due to some private feedback from teachers (along with personal experience) we felt that this change was necessary to encourage and uphold integrity in the classroom, especially with the growing amount of people using fake RAM clear programs and other software to gain advantage over other students.

So, while it is disappointing, we hope that you'll understand why this change had to be made. We've decided to limit the use of assembly programs in CEaShell.

There were a number of ways to implement this change, but we thought that the way we chose provided a strong message and would make the purpose of the change clear. You'll notice that now non-TI-BASIC programs will receive a warning symbol on their icon, and will be deleted if an attempt is made to run them. While this was simplest method of implementation, it still ended up adding a bit more space than we hoped, though we'll look into some other possible optimizations.

Here's a screenshot of the safety feature in action:

Also 666th post šŸ‘€
Time to port Illusiat series I guess Razz
Quote:
So, while it is disappointing, we hope that you'll understand why this change had to be made. We've decided to limit the use of assembly programs in CEaShell.
Not enough: please disable execution of BASIC programs as well.
TIny_Hacker wrote:
Update time! (Slightly sad Sad )

While we planned on not adding much more to CEaShell before release (yes, you've heard that before Razz ), we found that a minor change to some of the shell's functionality is necessary before the final version. While some of you may be upset or disappointed about this change at first, due to some private feedback from teachers (along with personal experience) we felt that this change was necessary to encourage and uphold integrity in the classroom, especially with the growing amount of people using fake RAM clear programs and other software to gain advantage over other students.

There were a number of ways to implement this change, but we thought that the way we chose provided a strong message and would make the purpose of the change clear. You'll notice that now non-TI-BASIC programs will receive a warning symbol on their icon, and will be deleted if an attempt is made to run them. While this was simplest method of implementation, it still ended up adding a bit more space than we hoped, though we'll look into some other possible optimizations.

Here's a screenshot of the safety feature in action:

Also 666th post šŸ‘€

I'll use Cesium or Artifce itself, nobody can stop me. šŸ˜ˆ
Good to see a shell developer finally consider security and academic integrity! I can't think of a use case for assembly programs anyway, this seems like a reasonable solution.

Perhaps the shell should automatically unarchive all programs on start as well, so that they can be easily deleted via RAM reset by test proctors (or, even better, install a key hook that makes the [prgm] menu inaccessible)? Nothing wrong with taking additional measures to keep our exam rooms free of notes programs and equation solvers...

I'll of course be following suit with VYSION 2 as well, I'm glad you showed me the error in my ways.
For anyone who couldn't tell, yes, the last update was an April Fools joke. You can still run assembly programs in CEaShell, and in fact, we've now added a way to make running programs (and apps) even easier!

Update
This feature idea had been something we considered even before the first release of CEaShell, but we hadn't thought of a very good way to incorporate it into the shell and with more important things we kind of forgot about it. With 2.0 coming soon (yes, we promise it's soon, if you don't believe us we finally got around to posting a beta in our Discord server), we were looking back through our 11 page long to-do list, and we remembered it again, so here it is!

You'll notice that now there is an option in the file info menu to register a number key shortcut to the currently selected program or app. This allows you to create a custom shortcut to launch said file from anywhere in TI-OS. For example, in the above screenshot, the program "BANCHOR" is registered with the number key [0], so pressing [on] + [0] anywhere in TI-OS will launch it.

This will hopefully be useful for any programs or apps you use frequently and wish to be able to access quickly at any time!

Other changes
The French translation is now complete, and the installer has also been translated as well. Rather than a separate copy of the installer, it will detect the language set in the OS to decide whether or not to use French.

Thanks to some suggestions from epsilon5, we've also changed the behavior of the [clear] key inside CEaShell. Pressing it once will exit to the previous menu, while holding it down will exit the shell completely. We've also changed the built in dark theme to something a little bit darker:

Finally, thanks to a suggestion from Invalid_Jake, we've made so that pressing the [vars] key will quickly open the currently selected file in the TI-OS editor (provided it is able to be opened in the TI-OS editor).

Be sure to let us know what you think!
I really like that number key shortcut feature, such a cool idea (and it's very impressive you got it to work for apps as well). The pressing the [vars] key to open the currently selected file in the TI-OS feature is a nice addition, too.

Keep up the good work!
Lol I was dumb. I actually thought you were taking away assembly program execution. I guess I should have seen the date it was posted Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 5 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours