It's been a bit, but I have a new pre-release!

What's new:

• New less bloated menu with program and appvar input, and a recently edited list that will eventually have recently edited programs. For now, just add program and appvar names to the PiRecent program to ave them show up in the menu.
  • F3 and F4 scroll up and down 100 lines (not labeled)
  • Better cursor fencing
  • Bug fixes
  • Switching "keyboards" is done differently. (I will probably change the way that this is done before the full release)

• [alpha] for uppercase letters
    • [2nd] for lowercase letters
    • [Xtθn] for numbers and logical ops
    • [stat] for "program" (this one's layout will change)

Pardon my BBCode
I decided against a menu for creating programs and appvar because it's not that hard do do on your own.
You can find it here on GitHub

Thanks to Vital Ash for Aether which I wrote most of this update in.
I think we'll be ready for a full release by v0.10 Smile, and yes, I skipped v0.7.

If anyone knows if there is a way do not display the bottom two rows of pixels in a Text() command (or a Celtic text command for that matter), I think it might be a bug, judging from this page from TI|BD is that how you write that?

Here's a gif (no, not an apng):
It's not entirely clear on how to edit/use?
I've gotten back into development after a break and am close to a full release and wanted some opinions. What do you think would a better way to type tokens that aren't currently accessible?

Menus: Would look better, and be more intuitive. Would look better, and be more intuitive, but would add a lot more code, probably slow down the editor, and I would have to adjust the existing keyboard layouts to accommodate.

Keyboard layout: Wouldn't slow down the editor and wouldn't require any additional code other than maybe a small help menu directing the user to the readme (which I should work on), but would be less intuitive.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours