Do you want wireless internet connection?
Yes
 50%  [ 3 ]
No
 50%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 6

Hey! I was wondering if it would be possible to make a web browser, or port youtube to the Nspire. I have seen the Linex on it, but I was wondering if a new one could be made. I got to thinking that if you connected a usb adapter to the calculator and then a USB Internet adapter into that connection, you could somehow get wireless internet connection. Then you could treat your Nspire like a computer sort of. If anyone could take up the challenge that would be awesome! Very Happy
Why do that when other tiny computers exist, and can be faster (and even cheaper!) than the Nspire series? I already have one (Raspberry Pi 4) in my house. It is possible, but you would have to make it yourself. It is going to be difficult, but I think it would be possible. If you want to access the network with any graphing calculator, the TI-84 Plus CE currently has a few (wired) networking projects that are in development.
I know that you can search url's on the inspire using Lua, so that works.
Wanting N64 on Ti-Nspire wrote:
Hey! I was wondering if it would be possible to make a web browser, or port youtube to the Nspire. I have seen the Linex on it, but I was wondering if a new one could be made. I got to thinking that if you connected a usb adapter to the calculator and then a USB Internet adapter into that connection, you could somehow get wireless internet connection. Then you could treat your Nspire like a computer sort of. If anyone could take up the challenge that would be awesome! Very Happy

Port YouTube? You do realize the Nspire doesn't have JavaScript, or any homebrew implementations, right?

At that point, just use your phone lmao
grubbycoder wrote:
You do realize the Nspire doesn't have JavaScript, or any homebrew implementations, right?

Not actually true. Many years ago someone ported the Duktape JavaScript engine to the Nspire. https://github.com/legimet/duktape-nspire. Of course this still wouldn't really help with anything related to YouTube on the Nspire. The best route would be some combination of yt-dlp and a media player on the linux port. I know some people got networking working under linux, though I'm not sure if that was wireless or not.
(FWIW, QuickJS has also been used fine on the Nspire (via KhiCAS))
Ivoah wrote:

Not actually true. Many years ago someone ported the Duktape JavaScript engine to the Nspire. https://github.com/legimet/duktape-nspire. Of course this still wouldn't really help with anything related to YouTube on the Nspire. The best route would be some combination of yt-dlp and a media player on the linux port. I know some people got networking working under linux, though I'm not sure if that was wireless or not.

My mistake. I just dislike threads like these, given that OP probably joined Cemetech specifically for port begging.
Sorry guys for making such stupid forums, I just wanted to see if people could push the boundaries of the Ti-Nspire.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours