Is a working scratch emulator for the Nspire a good idea?
Yes
 36%  [ 4 ]
No
 36%  [ 4 ]
Not Possible
 27%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 11

Probably just another stupid thread, but I was wonder if scratch 2.0 or 3.0 could be ported to the nspire. Scratch is mostly 2d and has most the the computer keys so it would be possible to make and run scratch project on the calc. And maybe make it so that you can run downloaded projects from scratch by making it into a sb3.tns file (I think scratch projects are .sb3). You can use the touch pad for the mouse. I have seen the scratch emulator on the Ti-84 Plus CE and it sucks. If someone could make a working one or just wondering if it is even possible. I can't code very well so I can't make it. (The only coding I am good at is scratch btw, but I also do python). Just another Idea for Cemetech. Please just don't hate me for this, I am just trying to give ideas to push the boundaries of the Nspire. Very Happy (Scratch is scratch.mit.edu)
The only way you can have a Scratch emulator for the Nspire is to make it yourself. Sorry, but a few people are getting frustrated with your requests. If you make it, that is great, but I don't see many people wanting to make it for you, if at all. If no one else will do it, then the only person left to do it is yourself. Sorry for the rough answer.
I'm sorry. I suck at coding, but is there any good resources to learn how to make cool stuff like that. I know I am dumb, so sorry everyone. I will probably just leave
Don’t worry, I suck too, it’s not something that happens overnight, if you wanna learn, cool stuff, you’re probably in the right place, the inspire has a computer language called TI basic, and that’s what I would recommend you learn first, This site some other good resources would be T.I. basic Developer, but it doesn’t happen overnight if you just keep it a bit by bit you get better and maybe you’re still not on the level of the other guys, but for me, I wanted to Create a game based on one of my childhood fantasies, which was being a clone fighter pilot Star Wars, and I created I came and I got to meet a bunch of cool people on the way, So don’t worry, it will work out in the end.
Try learning TI-BASIC first. From the limited research I just did in ten minutes, it would seem that the Nspire is not a great platform for beginners to be programming on anyway. I would recommend buying a secondhand TI-84 Plus (CE or not), for two reasons: secondhand, because you'll go broke buying it brand-new, and a calc from the TI-84 Plus family because its dialect of TI-BASIC is, in my opinion, the easiest to understand and the fastest to write.
If you get an 84+, then go here first: http://tibasicdev.wikidot.com/starter-kit and learn the basics.
Once you've been programming in TI-BASIC for a while, try using Celtic CE, then ICE*, and then move on to C programming for the TI-84 Plus CE (these things are only on the CE, not for monochrome).

* I know, ICE is old and only half-works. But I think it's a great tool that teaches you a lot of C concepts in the familiar environment of the TI-OS editor.
jasper7474 wrote:
and then move on to C programming for the TI-84 Plus CE

Or probably C++ because It's easier, modern and more widely applicable than C.
jasper7474 wrote:
Try learning TI-BASIC first. From the limited research I just did in ten minutes, it would seem that the Nspire is not a great platform for beginners to be programming on anyway. I would recommend buying a secondhand TI-84 Plus (CE or not), for two reasons: secondhand, because you'll go broke buying it brand-new, and a calc from the TI-84 Plus family because its dialect of TI-BASIC is, in my opinion, the easiest to understand and the fastest to write.
If you get an 84+, then go here first: http://tibasicdev.wikidot.com/starter-kit and learn the basics.
Once you've been programming in TI-BASIC for a while, try using Celtic CE, then ICE*, and then move on to C programming for the TI-84 Plus CE (these things are only on the CE, not for monochrome).

* I know, ICE is old and only half-works. But I think it's a great tool that teaches you a lot of C concepts in the familiar environment of the TI-OS editor.
I alreay know ti-basic. I code on my ti-84 plus ce a lot, but after that every other code like C and C++ confuses me
Wanting N64 on Ti-Nspire wrote:
I alreay know ti-basic. I code on my ti-84 plus ce a lot, but after that every other code like C and C++ confuses me

Okay, that's alright. Just try ICE and see how it suits you. If you can learn ICE, you can probably learn C.
If you already know the basics, then you’re pretty much set like You can use it to build some stuff so just like experiments I would say and then as Jasper 7474 said Learn ICE then C and if you really want to be cracked at calculator codeing You can learn assembly
Is Scratch 2.0 or 3.0 possible on the Nspire? YES!

I made a Scratch clone a few years ago for the TI 84 P CE. I called it Scratch CE It isn't a lot; it could only write 8 lines per sprite, but anything is possible. I haven't had the chance to update it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours