Yeah, with my teeth Smile Just Joking
Very Happy That's the best way, to avoid getting your fingers burned.
hmm... dry ice... muhaha... they wouldnt sell me any at the grocery store today... (i told them it was to keep my slushie cool, and they wouldnt believe me)
KermMartian wrote:

dry ice doesn't "burn" your skin, thats a myth Laughing

(although it will cool your CPU real nice like Wink )
It's when people try to "warm up" with tap water. Burns happen there. It causes frostbite mainly.
The cells in your finger lyse and you can't feel much of anything.
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

dry ice doesn't "burn" your skin, thats a myth Laughing

(although it will cool your CPU real nice like Wink )
I know, I tried dropping it directly onto the heat sink. Screensaver started going about 20x. Very Happy
my god... if that seriously worked, I could probably play Halo at warp speed...
It only worked for about a minute though.
Quote:
dry ice doesn't "burn" your skin, thats a myth

Well, it just feels like it's burning, but it's really freezing your fucking hand off Laughing Still hurts though...
KermMartian wrote:
I know, I tried dropping it directly onto the heat sink. Screensaver started going about 20x. Very Happy

Wtf are you talking about? Cooling a CPU more does NOT make it go faster....
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Wtf are you talking about? Cooling a CPU more does NOT make it go faster....
I know that, that's why it was so weird. Perhaps a piece shorted out a limiting capacitor somewhere? After it did that for about a minute, it did a core dump and crashed. 'Twas fine after a reboot though.
Well you were pretty stupid about it. Negative temps + condensation + metal + electricity == extremely bad Laughing Razz
i can see why...

roughly the same effects as a leaky water coolant device...
Kllrnohj wrote:
Well you were pretty stupid about it. Negative temps + condensation + metal + electricity == extremely bad Laughing Razz
Yyyeeeeah, I thought of that afterwards. Very Happy It was actually accidental; we were messing around in physics with dry ice at the same time I was replacing the keyboard on a friend's laptop. Right under the kbd is the CPU heatsink in Compaq Presarios....
At least it wasn't yours.
Can't argue with that. I don't think the compy was actually in danger at all though.
true... but on the other hand...
KermMartian wrote:
Can't argue with that. I don't think the compy was actually in danger at all though.

only takes one drop of water to cause a short and very possibly damage a component(s)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours