That would create a guaranteed solvable [full] puzzle. You'd need another algorithm to tell you what squares to remove, but Harq's thing didn't do that either.
I made a working game based on Kerm's code, but Kerm forgot the 1-9 in a three by three square rule, I have not fixed that, if anybody wants I can post code soon. one other problem is that it is a somewhat patterned sudoku do to my way of generating random numbers.
Ahhh, I knew I forgot something. Whoops. ^_^ Thanks for finding that; it's been a couple of months since I played Sudoku.
when my school paper put in a Sudoku, they forgot that rule. I had the puzzle solved in about 5 minutes and the girl asked me how I figured it out, and when I explained that rule, she got it
ROFL, that's funny. I'm disappointed they didn't proofread it and have someone solve it before they published the paper.
like I said, it was solvable, just WAY too easy under normal rules. On thiers, I think it was impossible
...therefore it didn't use the normal rules.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours