Well, I am dling service pack 4 for win 2k as I type this, I already have FireFox on the machine, and am giving some thought to getting IE7.2b or what ever it is, to see if it renders my site well enough... I still need to dl an antivirus to this system, and I have several programs, like TI-Connect, and xampp to install. I might stick a couple games on this, but I doubt it. I want it mainly for portable web development. Very Happy And of course, since it has the dvd drive in it, there are always movies to be watched...

Only 19MB to go, lil less than 2 hours for this service pack... >.<

Oh heck, I bet that isn't including ANY of the updates... It might be sometime next week before this system is totally ready...
You mention DVDs...what's the battery life per full charge like?
Honestly, dunno. Just normal running is a lil over 2 hours I think...

Also, service pack 4 is dled, now to let it update stuff... And I cannot run winupdate till I update IE to version 6.0, yet it keeps telling me that it is for xp only... >.< Oh well, auto update seems to be working...

I also copied the avast setup prog from the work comp, and installed it on to here, which was easier than re-downloading the 10mb app... Let's see, what is next...

Oh yes, I have to dl a new version of IE, cause TI-Connect won't work... Grr...
I know IE6 will work with 2kSP4
Argh, that's just stupid. IE << FF.
Well, software wise, everything seems to be extremely happy Very Happy

Only thing not workin is the mouse pad, and I have a pretty good idea why that is, but not 100% right now. I know for a fact the mouse pad itself works, so...

Anyways, back to work on projects...
You mean the touchpad? There's a key shortcut to disable/enable that, usually Fn+ one of the Fn keys.
I will look into that, but I am pretty sure there is a problem with the circuit board that it hooks to, because I have to press it down to get the indicator lights to work sometimes... >.<

But I cannot complain about a free lappy, so I will stop right there. My mouse works well enough off of my leg, to keep it mobile Very Happy

Anyway, going to redouble my efforts to get AODR saving done by Friday. (and I know that I probably will not be able to hold to that... >.<
tifreak8x wrote:
...(and I know that I probably will not be able to hold to that...) >.<
Don't worry, I can't fault you for that, or I would be calling the kettle black.
lol, thanks, now that it is wrote down on paper, shouldn't be a big deal...
You should hook your laptop into the CemeTet system I'm building...

Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours