Yeah, that is right, I am takin up yet another occupation, and adding to the ones I already have (Wrecker driver, Mechanic, and Uhaul Rental)

What I am doing is looking for "Laptop for Repairs" and will see what I can't do to repair them, and attempt to resale them on ebay. I am hoping to start earning a lil extra income and be able to put this money back for when I go to Germany.

Thus far, I am lookin in to cheap Compaq Pressario 1200s, since I am already familiar with that model (I have three of them already, soo... Smile) I might move on to other laptop types later, once I get some cash flow going, and once I feel that what I am doing is actually turning any profit. Smile

Anyways, I have at least one comp that I am attempting to get, might be a second, but I doubt I will get that lucky. Smile Well, back to Pokemon...
Sounds like fun! I too have three part-time jobs; it's a bit of pressure, but it gets the rent paid [barely...]. Anyway, I hope you get some clients soon.
rofl, my friend! I have 3 FULL-time jobs. Smile The wrecker service itself is on call 24/7/365. Well, I have 5 days before the computers are won. I hope I get both, but if I can get just the one, I will be happy. Some of these compaq 1200s are going for 200.00... o.O
sound cool. I really need to get a job, but the problem is that a lot of people have a hard time finding work, even adults. I am trying at a little more technology oriented places (Circuit City, Best Buy, etc) and seeing if I can get my MCP to do me some good, who knows.
My three jobs are:

>>Cooper Union Computer Center (technology++)
>>HL Capital (some technology, some other stuff)
>>Greenmarket (psh, what's technology? ^_^)
Quote:
sound cool. I really need to get a job, but the problem is that a lot of people have a hard time finding work, even adults. I am trying at a little more technology oriented places (Circuit City, Best Buy, etc) and seeing if I can get my MCP to do me some good, who knows.

I'm trying that too, but no one has the courtesy of a follow-up for me Crying But I'm still looking!Very Happy
yeah, the problem is that when I applied, they didn't have anything where I could put credentials, so I might get turned down too quickly, before they find out what I know.
rivereye wrote:
yeah, the problem is that when I applied, they didn't have anything where I could put credentials, so I might get turned down too quickly, before they find out what I know.
Dude, those people who work there are idiots. As the saying goes, Radioshack: You've got questions, we've got blank stares.
oh, that is good. The thing is I think they will hire anyone, which can really cause problems if they don't know a whole ton about the job.
Quote:

Same here (seems to be a trend...)

Quote:
As the saying goes, Radioshack: You've got questions, we've got blank stares.

The ones at Best Buy are even worse though Very Happy
lol...

Well, so far I am winning 3 Compaq Pressarios, (2 1200s and one 2700) and hopefully I can make some of them work. Wink

I am still eagerly awaiting my new lap top though...
By the way Dan, I noticed that yours has a Celeron, not a Pentium M, which is slightly less good, but overall it's still definitely worth it. I'd say that's only a $40-50 decrease in my estimated value of $850 for the machine.