People of Cemetech, lend me your ears! And your hands! And your minds! I, JincS, am working on creating a new eZine (electronic magazine, for the ignorant) entitled "Crooked Resistance." I'm looking for writers and articles that you would be willing to contribute to this little editorial. The best part: the articles can be about just about anything! Yes, this is just a general magazine where anyone can come and write about anything they want! Anywho, if you're interested, you can check out the details here on CH (read the whole thread):

http://www.calchaven.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=126

And this is the crappy IF forum I set up as the home of the magazine:

http://z14.invisionfree.com/CrookedResistance

So far, we (or rather I) have four articles posted (some of which are rather "Crooked"), but we're just getting started! The more articles we can collect, the better Crooked Resistance will become! Who knows, maybe in a year or two, we might just have enough articles to publish a hardback book! It depends on whether or not you decide to take the first step, and go check it out!

Again, if you're interested in getting your articles published, reading other's works, or just meeting some new people, please, stop by and check it out!

**ADMINS/PEOPLE WHO ARE MAD ABOUT THIS POST**
I have already talked to Kerm, and he OK'ed this little ad (barely). So please don't scald me for breaking the TOS: I feel bad enough already...
Sounds like a rather interesting enterprise. What inspired you to start such a 'zine?
JincS wrote:
**ADMINS/PEOPLE WHO ARE MAD ABOUT THIS POST**
I have already talked to Kerm, and he OK'ed this little ad (barely). So please don't scald me for breaking the TOS: I feel bad enough already...

Uh, I am not bothered by this being here, if you want, post it at TIFW as well.

This does seem like an interesting project. It is too bad I am way over my head in projects right now to assist with this.
The reason he put the disclaimer is that I made him not mention some of the "other" topics in the 'zine. What he posted seems fine to me.
I am not angered also (but then again, I sent him here, and he started the posting of it on my site). I wish I could help, but I have no ability to write any articles on anything really.
I could write some articles on Stargate...
Thanks everyone! Inspiration? 50-something hour long work shift with no sleep, lots of coffee, and a short spell of exhaustion-caused insanity. Not too sure on the details, but I woke up a day later and found a piece of paper on my desk (with my handwriting) with details about this project.
Darn I just found out it's for electronics and programming. I don't suppose you can make an exception for Stargate SG-1, the greatest television series of all time, and Stargate Atlantis, a great spin-off of SG-1?
JincS wrote:
Thanks everyone! Inspiration? 50-something hour long work shift with no sleep, lots of coffee, and a short spell of exhaustion-caused insanity. Not too sure on the details, but I woke up a day later and found a piece of paper on my desk (with my handwriting) with details about this project.
Heh, that's crazy. I often find I get inspiration just before I'm about to get to sleep or shortly after I awaken.
Like I said: the articles can be about ANYTHING. Go for it!

Personally, I like Stargate (not Atlantis though), but I don't have time to watch it anymore.
JincS wrote:
Like I said: the articles can be about ANYTHING. Go for it!

Personally, I like Stargate (not Atlantis though), but I don't have time to watch it anymore.
Anything? Even one's own projects? Hmmm, this has potential...
Yup yup yup! It's a news article, so it needs news! Actually, I should make another subforum on the IF board for people's project info.
JincS wrote:
Yup yup yup! It's a news article, so it needs news! Actually, I should make another subforum on the IF board for people's project info.
And the other thing, because I'm too lazy to actually go look, how often is this going to be published?
I'll have to register on those forums soon.
The original plan was to publish monthly, but since the first month+ will be very slow, I'll either hold off on publishing for awhile, or just publish a few really small 'zines. People want results, so the latter will probably take effect, and the first issue will (hopefully) be published on the 1st of September. Just in time for school!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours