Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
tifreak8x hasn't even posted in this topic 0x5

o.0 - wtf was I thinking... Yeah, I meant your post Ult Dev'r.... hehe, oops Very Happy
lolz, I was gonna say.... That confused me a bit, but I didn't have the patience to go and read back in the topic.
About the backlight, I found some various sizes of EL lights and strips.

Not sure if you can get the correct size though Wink .

http://e-clec-tech.com/exki.html

They also come in differant colors. Cool
The problem with electroluminescent panels is the power connection and the inverter - most of the designs I've seen put the power pins sticking out the left or right side of the calculator, which is quite awkward; I want something selfcontained usually.
My design (the unreleased one) calls for a couple of pieces of plexiglas that have been sanded and cutting out part of the edges to make room for the LED's, and then glue the two halves together; but if that won't fit in your case, you could do the same procedure with only one piece of plexiglas, and just glue the LED's into place; once it's put into place it works and lights up the whole screen (but then again, I was using 3000 mcd LED's Laughing)

--Copyright Kyle Bond 2006 (now you can't steal my ideas Razz)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours