I have decided to start up something new. I will post up here (When I remember to) what I plan on accomplishing programming wise.

For today, I am going to update AODR and hex2sprite, and begin working on a sprite editor specifically for the hex2sprite program.

I will also see what I can not get accomplished on the list system today. Shouldn't take a whole lot, since now it is just organizing data, and getting all the names put down in the string.
Argh, you too, starting new projects? Very Happy Anyway, tell us more about it. A planner of some sort?
the only new project is the sprite2hex program, the daily planner thing is to let you all know what is on the menu for that day. Wink

I am figureing that making the sprite 2 hex prog should only take a couple hours. I also have PTI and Calccapture stored on my laptop, I just need a newer ROM image for it... >.< I need to see what ROM version I have to the PTI on my home comp...

Anyways, for the Sprite 2 hex program, I figure I will have the user define the size of the sprite, and then when they are completed, it converts the sprite to binary first, then to hex. I am hoping to be able to reverse engineer (not really the words I was lookin for...) the routine to make it store to hex. Smile Anyways, we shall see.
Hujh, nifty idea. I just may do that for my own stuff if you wouldn't mind the imposition of be borrowing your idea.
Go right on ahead. Smile

I should have the new versions of hex2sprite and aodr up in a few hours, well, at least loaded to ticalc and calcgames. I am rewriting the readmes.
I got alot done on the Sprite 2 Hex program, it now sets up defined areas for the sprite sizes, and will look at Str4 to see if any of the three sprite sizes are present. I am about to start in on the actual routines to let one draw the sprites.
tifreak8x wrote:
I got alot done on the Sprite 2 Hex program, it now sets up defined areas for the sprite sizes, and will look at Str4 to see if any of the three sprite sizes are present. I am about to start in on the actual routines to let one draw the sprites.

That is awesome! I need something that will convert my hex codes for a game i am making t sprites, and the old one only had 16x16.
here you go: http://calcgames.org/cgi-bin/files/files.cgi?ID=1110

That is the newest version of the file, for hex-2-Sprite. It does 8x8, 16x16, and 32x32.
Hey Dan, when I finally get my archives going, I'd definitely like to have that file here...
Aight, will upload ^^

I will also put in Sprite-2-Hex as well... Wink

Anyways, back to makin the drawing routine... (easy stuff... Razz)
tifreak8x wrote:
Aight, will upload ^^

I will also put in Sprite-2-Hex as well... Wink

Anyways, back to makin the drawing routine... (easy stuff... Razz)
Oh, you mean http://www.cemetech.net/projects/php/bmptohex.php ? Very Happy
It works to a point Kerm. It gave the over all shape, but nothing that identified the Pokemon. I posted the pics and what the hex should be, so you might be able to make it where it does that.

But Sprite-2-Hex allows you to draw the sprite on the screen, and then ports everything over for you.

Anyways, todays goals: Finish Sprite-2-Hex. All that is left:

*Make the calc draw when Enter/2nd is pressed
*Have it store that info to a string, and convert to hex.

On this program, I am not shooting for super speed. If it works, and helps people make better sprites, then they cannot complain.
Huh, I think I actually do have something like that then:
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/283/28320.html

Feel free to check out the code if you need anything. Oh, and I know I can optimize it to use the

sub("0123456789ABCDEF",N,1) trick.
Thanks, I will definitely take a gander at the swapping routine, to see how you did it. Smile
tifreak8x wrote:
Thanks, I will definitely take a gander at the swapping routine, to see how you did it. Smile
It was quite a while ago that I wrote that, though, before I learned the true way of the 1337. Smile
rofl!

Well, the code looks self explanatory, sort of. I just have to figure out how it understands that x=# by the pixel test... heck, if it just works, I would be happy... Very Happy

I should have the drawing part of it done sometime today, and then it will just be a matter of making it display the sprite (Will load a sprite stored in Str4, if there is one) and to convert it to hex (It will simply store the pic to hex in Str4).

Seems simple enough, dont you think?? Very Happy
Sounds quite simple and straightforward. Hopefully it's as easy as that to code. Very Happy
Well, the drawing part is almost complete, I hope to have the slight problem with it not always drawing fixed soon... <.<

Then comes the export and draw sprite function. Smile
a demo, while I iron out the bugs... o.O

http://www.tifreakware.calcgames.org/tifreak8x/SPR2HEX.8xp

Play with the code if you like, I will optimize as I go.
Well, it seems this didn't last very long... XD

Anyways, I plan on working on the projects pages for a bit today, though I do plan on playing some video games, and not work too hard on anything at this point.