jpez wrote:
Come on guys, you don't actually believe this, do you?

Honestly? Not really. However, I really WANT to believe it Wink
Free Energy wrote:
the technology can be used to supply energy for virtually all devices, from mobile phones to cars.

But if your calc doesn't have batteries, what are you supposed to do when it crashes? Pulling out the batteries has helped me many times.
lol foamy, i think there are more important things to worry about than that Wink (besides, they could always have a kill-power switch)
I'm with you jpez. Next thing you know, they'll be publishing claims that they can spontaneously generate matter.
Matter does spontaneously appear in the depths of space courtesy of free energy and entropy. Cool e=mc2 isn't one way, you know.
Confused I was inferring that no energy was used to create it, just like these people are claiming no mass was transformed to create this energy. I'm well aware that energy can transform back to matter.
Yeah, my post was just a tangentially-related sidenote. Laughing
Smile Oh, I thought it was an attack. Sorry 'bout that.

This whole thing reminds me of that free energy episode of mythbusters.

http://peswiki.com/index.php/Directory:Mythbusters_Dec.2004
jpez wrote:
Matter does spontaneously appear in the depths of space courtesy of free energy and entropy. Cool e=mc2 isn't one way, you know.

...although that's just a by-product of quantum mechanical fluctuations, and such matter promptly disappears again, as it was the product of "borrowed energy", as it were.
Seems to me that this is just too good to be true. I'll believe it once I see a scientific explanation.
I'll believe it when I see it published in Nature.
Laughing Of course I don't believe it for a second, but I still would love for it to be true.
The thing is that you need energy to start it going around the wheel. Then some of the energy "created" has to go into starting it around again. Even if this does "create" energy (which I highly doubt in the first place) some ahs to go back into getting it to go around again, which would most likely take most of that "created" energy and make it horribly slow at making anything useable.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours