Okay, one of my co-workers is having a computer problem. She says that when she turns it on it gives her an error message about "key 32" and it won't boot her OS (windows something). Any ideas about what it is?

btw, sorry about the lack of information. I haven't went over to check it out yet.
A surefire solution: wipe the hard drive and install linux!
Seriously, though, I haven't a clue.
Er, yeah, after googling "key32 windows" I don't have any clues. The closest thing I could find was a virus that saves keystrokes in a file called key32.txt and something about an external program. This is the external program, search the page for key32.
However, I doubt that either of those is a problem.
Sounds to me like a horrific problem with one of windozes internal dll's.
It appears after some deeper searching that Keys+ contains a main module called key32.exe. It remaps keyboards and offers macro keystroking.
KermMartian wrote:
It appears after some deeper searching that Keys+ contains a main module called key32.exe. It remaps keyboards and offers macro keystroking.

It'd be nice to know which windows we're looking at...
I don't know about 9x systems, but unless it does some real deep hacking, Keys+ shouldn't cause windows NT/2k/XP to not boot. You'd need a kernel driver to cause that much of a problem. Even then, I'd be expecting a DLL.

(Searched for 'key32.dll', and it may be part of a keystroke logger. No other leads on that search)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours