http://blogs.zdnet.com/Bott/?p=124

Definitely not worth it. I don't want to pay to put DRM on my machine.
Wow, it costs more than every linux distro combined! Very Happy
foamy3 wrote:
Wow, it costs more than every linux distro combined! Very Happy

That was true with Windows XP, too.
Keep in mind that those are Canadian dollars, not that it makes a huge difference. Also, I saw a list of those packages in a magazine like six months ago... Confused
KermMartian wrote:
Keep in mind that those are Canadian dollars, not that it makes a huge difference. Also, I saw a list of those packages in a magazine like six months ago... Confused

Mad I didn't know the packages were known yet. oops. haha
KermMartian wrote:

Yeah, and the most expensive one is $450USD. Just ask Google.
That's rather lame if you ask me. C'mon, Office was already expensive enough.
KermMartian wrote:
Keep in mind that those are Canadian dollars

Scroll down. Smile
Uhh... the upgrade editions are pretty cheap... You can get Home Basic (or whatever the 2nd one is) Upgrade edition for US $130. Home Premium Upgrade is $200. Thats pretty much in line with XP Home and Pro prices...

Do remember now that Home Premium will be good enough for most people now, including enthusiasts (whereas XP Home doesn't support mutli-CPU or dual-core CPUs, Vista Home Premium does support dual core CPUs)

I myself will be getting it when it comes out... Hello 64bit gaming goodness Very Happy
Wait, so Home Basic doesn't support dual core? *shakes fist at M$*
Well, at least I won't need to budget much more than I already had planned to for buying a copy. I wonder if the upgrade edition could be used to go from a beta to the final product, though... and if you can go from the 32 bit edition to the 64 bit edition with that.
upgrade editions require a previous FULL VERSION of windows

And if you want dual-core, you will probably want the premium edition anyway, as it has the new Aero interface (the basic doesn't)

EDIT: Oh, and I screwed up my pricing. Its the Home Premium upgrade thats $130 (which is what most people will want) - the Ultimate (fully tricked out version) is $200 for the upgrade

I'll be getting the $130 home premium (advantages over the $99 upgrade Basic version include dual-core support and the Aero interface)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours