Well, to make it easier on you, there are only two "wires" in the strip, so it will be a matter of figuring out what goes where... I also thing there is a diode in there, which I will also have to test to see... I will have to make sure I grab my Fluke Multimeter from work tommorrow...
Hmm...then I would assume that one is ground, and the other is Vcc.

Do you happen to have any battery clips at hand?
No, sadly, all my elec stuff is at work... :/ I will make sure to grab that and what, a 9v batt?
tifreak8x wrote:
No, sadly, all my elec stuff is at work... :/ I will make sure to grab that and what, a 9v batt?

Im not an electronics expert like you guys, but I would start with lower voltages and work my way up till I find what works...... Rolling Eyes
Grab:

Your multimeter
9v battery clip & 9v battery
soldering iron & solder
pre-stripped wires
assorted resistors (a potentiometer if you can find one)

Quote:
Im not an electronics expert like you guys, but I would start with lower voltages and work my way up till I find what works......

Yeah...kinda on the right track, but you forgot to mention current Razz Ideally you really shouldn't give more than 30mA to LEDs that small (although they're in series, so you may have to supply more current than that...), and no more than 5v to them either.
have
have
ugh... yeah, got one, not that great though... Rolling Eyes
can locate, needs to be really small, I know...
And I have no resistors, will have to invest in some...
Well then I have a shopping list for you Very Happy

25-watt Pencil Soldering Iron - $7.99
High-Tech Rosin Core Silver-Bearing Solder (.022" diameter - *VERY IMPORTANT!*) - $3.99
1K Ohm 1/4-Watt Carbon Film Resistor5 Pack - $0.99
It will have to wait a lil while, have payments to ship off this week... <.< Maybe in a couple weeks I can get the stuff needed...
I'm gonna guess you need about 2 volts for that, since the four are probably wired in parallel. You should ideally use a 3v supply (2 AAs or AAAs) and a 300-ohm ish resistor for current limiting. If might also be 8v (series), although that is much less likelu.

Page 4 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours