Is Mario Party a good idea?
Yes
 85%  [ 12 ]
No
 7%  [ 1 ]
I don't care
 7%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 14

I'm thinking about making mario party with the aid of xlib (and perhaps link play with zcom). I already made some good character sprites. Does anyone think this is a good idea?
Sounds cool, but challenging to me. Good luck Good Idea
Sounds like a great idea to me! Go for it!
Though there are plenty of Mario games and this would be pretty challenging I say go for it! Good luck!

BTW are you going to use the actual games in Mario Praty or create your own?
It's a good idea. It will certainly be good graphically if you can use xlib and zcom skillfully. This reminds me I should resume work on my Mario Minigames. I suppose those minigames would be a little like Mario Party.
sounds interesting. Can you give some examples of the sprites you're considering?
How do I insert an image from my computer? Confused
calc84maniac wrote:
How do I insert an image from my computer? Confused

http://photobucket.com/ Register there, upload the picture, then copy the 3rd/bottom textbox and paste it here.
The pic includes some close-ups for character selection, etc.
Wow. Those look really nice.
Those do indeed look good. Best of luck getting this to work.,
Nice Smile. This looks like it's going to end up awesome. Cool
That seems like a cool project that could be challenging, but would create an excellent game. Those sprites are really good (my main problem with programming is creating good graphics), so thtat shouldn't be too much trouble.

Also, are you going to create AI, or just use two players? Could you do two player on the same calculator, or only on separate calculators?
Probably two calcs, as it would be hard to play mini-games when it doesn't register multiple keypresses.
Yeah, I forgot about having to press multiple keys at a time to do the mini games. I was just thinking about how you have separate terms in the main part of the game.

Other stuff:
How many mini games are you planning on creating? Obviously you can only create so many, or are you going to attempt to create them all and just unarchive the minigames to play them?

Also, how many players are you going to support for AI? I would assume just 1 or none, because it would be more complicated with more players.

What about different difficulty levels? You would need to write multiple AIs for each minigame if you did it this way, though.

Hope it works well!
He wouldn't absolutly have to much different AI's, there are various ways that he could make it harder or easier. Such as adding more to how far the opponent goes in one movement.
b-flat wrote:
That seems like a cool project that could be challenging, but would create an excellent game. Those sprites are really good (my main problem with programming is creating good graphics), so thtat shouldn't be too much trouble.

Also, are you going to create AI, or just use two players? Could you do two player on the same calculator, or only on separate calculators?
I love creating sprites; just post up a topic in BASIC or graphics whenever you need some sprites made.
calc84maniac, how are you coming one Mario Party? It's been a while, so I figured I should ask.

Also, KermMartian, could you create a good 8x8 sprite that is a "stick figure"? I am thinking about updating the graphics and some code of my version of StickRPG, and thought that my character sprite isn't all that great. I am using Omnicalc sprites for this, and have the pictures drawn in the background. Thanks!!

Other things I might change:
Does anyone know the battle algorithms for how much damage, etc? It's the same as the game on the internet.
New Sprites for battle mode, but not sure what to change...

Thanks for any feedback...
I've stopped work on it right now, I'll post again when I start back.
bflat: Try the stick figure that I used for my nGame DCS icon.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours