I use jpez.sobertillnoon.com to get around school blocks all the time. But the problem is, this time I tried to view an image and it was blocked! Now, Jpez's site is classified as a personal site, and his site, and his proxy is blocked Crying .

Anyone got anyother sites that host a proxy?
put phpdev on your home comp and get a cgi proxy and dyndns account
otherwise, I might put on on rivereye.net somewhere (just need to get one to install).
Darn. Rolling Eyes
By the way, when did your site go back into beta? Copying Google's trend? Very Happy
We all need to get a proxy on our sites, so we can go down the list when each of them get blocked Laughing
Just messin.

Tell me when you get yours up rivereye Razz
...or use a proxy to access JPez's proxy! Very Happy
rofl. You could make a proxy to goto a set location, instead of making the url changable. Razz
swivel, I need proxy software first. Any recomendations?
You should've cleared any trace of you being at the site. In my school, if you visit any unblocked site that isn't approve and you forget to clear the history, it will probably be blocked soon enough.
This site has a list of proxies that are available to use. If you join their mailing list, they will email u new proxies once in a while.

http://www.peacefire.org/

Also, they have this proxy software you can install too. Smile
Cool. Thanks for the link. I really like the argument they make for having that site.
After reading that site, I think I might enable a keyword filtering option for the proxy. I think it might be feasible to replace objectionable keywords with images that just have the words on them. It would be easy to just do an str_replace [bad keywords] with ./keyword.php?word=[hashcode of word].
Sounds like a good idea. You should store the filtration list serverside though instead of making it user-editable so that you don't trip the filters with that.
Why would it be stored user-side? Confused

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours