also, Li-ions can be charged at any level a tad bit easier than other battery types (especially NiCd).
Well, I got the ones I have for free from my brother. He used them for an old MP3 player that broke.
Liazon wrote:
no offense Kerm, but atm, it seems that most new games are nostub C programs. If you could right a TSR shell/kernel that had so much more to offer than PreOS and other shells, and continued updating, I think people would start considering using the shell.

It just seems to me that on 68ks it's easier to do nostub. I don't have a clue how to make an app, a TSR, or at the very least a kernal dependent program Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

This is because it's easy to include libs in the code instead of using shells. Requiring shells hurt usage by A LOT on the 68k calcs. TSRs are hard, but it's possible to do. There are a few tutorials out on those. Either way, shells and kernels are completely useless on the 68k calcs. Maybe a nice, fluid GUI for searching the programs on the calc, but that's about all a 'shell' should do on the 68k.

Making a kernel program is as easy as checking the box in the compliation options too in TIGCC.
kirb wrote:

Making a kernel program is as easy as checking the box in the compliation options too in TIGCC.

I guess like you said, kernels aren't worth it and perhaps that's why I don't know a thing about them.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours