http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=3895

Also talks about how it could force IE to go open source just to stay competitive - will be interesting, for sure.
I don't think IE will go Open Source, but it is nice to see people supporting FF other then just enthusiasts.
Hmm, IE and open source? I seriously doubt it will happen any time soon, but I suppose it's always a remote possibility of a remote possibility. I find the info about the Adobe Virtual Flash Machine more intriguing...
I doubt Microsoft would ever make their softwares open source (unless this happened before)
xlibman wrote:
I doubt Microsoft would ever make their softwares open source (unless this happened before)
I was having a similar discussion with a friend yesterday, and the only instance we could think of where Microsoft touched opensource with a 10-foot pole was the use of the BSD netstack in Vista - which people promptly discovered could be crashed by a zero-byte packet or a ping request with a spoofed sender of loopback (127.0.0.1).
Actually Microsoft is very supportive of opensource software. They have a variety of developer tools, example code (msdn.net, for example), and support opensource projects on Windows (Mozilla team invited to redmond to test vista) They just don't have that policy themselves Smile

I just can't wait to see how much faster firefox is with this new code, though... hehehe Wink

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours