Just for reference, none of those require xLib. In fact, external libraries should be avoided in as many circumstances as possible.
I just thought I would need xlib (at least for the DDR-style game) because I want to make it as smooth as possible, instead of choppy.

3 More Questions:
-Is there any way to add a clock in the right-hand center of the main screen that will advance 5 minutes every second?
-Is there any way to make the contrast go up (darker) along with that clock?
-Does anybody know any good guides on making games in TI-Basic? Or good games that I can take example/notes on to learn how to make my own games?
xLib only makes it more choppy usually, unless you're doing something like inverting the screen. Re: your questions:

1. Yes, but it wouldn't be very precise. Is that a problem?
2. No, unless you use an ASM lib
3. To programming, yes. With game programming in mind, no.
The precision isn't too much of a problem. One other thing I want to do with the clock is this:

Starts at 8AM, goes 5 minutes/second until 11PM, where game stops, displays in-game day (adds 1 to variable "D" every time this happens), and continues program by starting at 8AM again.
I decided to put all my thoughts into this post. Here is an outline of the game so far:

1: Class
-English -> Anagram game
-Math -> Free response test
-Science -> Horizontal DDR-type game with one box in middle of screen
-History -> Multiple choice test
2: Mission
-Basic versions of many missions in original game
(Carnival idea was removed due to lack of purpose/ideas)
3: Race
-Bike race -> Slow-paced horizontal-scrolling race game with more obstacles/turns as levels increase, only way to win is to get a set number of points or more and advance to next race
-Gokart race -> Fast-paced vertical-scrolling race game with more obstacles/turns as levels increase, only way to win is to get a set number of point or more and advance to next race
4: Errands
-Lawn mowing -> Cover 70%, 80%, and 90% of grass in 3 levels with decreasing time amount for each
-Paper boy -> Throw newspaper at the prompt (it will say "NOW!") set number of times, each level, the time for of the prompt/time to throw is shorter
5: Other
-Buy -> Buy food, clothes, bike, scooter, gokart, clothes, etc., mainly stuff for missions
-Bully -> Beat up kids for food/money (may not always work, may end up losing money)
-Kiss -> Kiss girl for extra health (may not always work, may end up losing health)
6: Inventory/Stats
-Shows your game progress, what you've aquired, what you've done, etc.
7: Quit
-Exit and/or save the game

Other features:
1. Clock
-Goes from 8AM to 11PM
-After reaches 11PM, day ends and day # is shown, then returns to main screen
-3hrs/class, 5hrs/mission (4 if bike is bought, 3 if scooter is bought, 2 if gokart is bought), 3hrs/race, and 3hrs/errand
-1hr lost if you are beat up (by trying to beat up somebody)

Now here are some questions:
1. How to make music (that plays only when you race)?
2: How to lower/higher contrast based on a variable?

I will post any other things I come up with in this post, and then erase/replace any answered questions.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours